1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you. Once owebamacare kicks in everyone is going down in reimbursements.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a DermaTran exec but curious why you would be asking them about this since "RxPro" is not something they produce. Sure sounds like manufacturing to me since it has a brand name. A prescription-based compounded cream would have FDA approved ingredients. But the cream would only be FDA approved if it were a manufactured product.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't have a brand name. Brett just misspoke. I am killing it with RxPro and unlike my last company I get weekly sales reports and high commissions. It was hard to weed through all the BS and find a good place

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My understanding of DermaTran is that they attempt to provide pain medications at the highest levels of ethical standards and at reasonable costs. They do not consider individual prescriptions that cost up to $3500 to be reasonable and certainly the PBMs do not believe this kind of activity is justified or ethical.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole market is coming to the end. Many major insurance companies have sent out notices that they will not cover compounds after Jan 1, 2014. Also 3 pharmacies/marketing companies that utilized the 1099 approach have been indicted for violating anti-kickback laws. The party is over. Time to get a real job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true, compounding will be around for awhile as it is great alternative to addictive pain killers, however, reimbursement will come down. Anthem BC/BS not covering effective Jan1 is no big deal as they barely reimbursed anything as well. Still great money to be made from this. Have a few friends with different pharmacies doubling their income. Which 3 pharmacies got indicted? i call BS on that as you would have been able to find something online about this. The big pay days are coming to an end but still great business to make some extra cash.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nonsense. There seems to be no end to the agendas and greed willing to compromise at least a partial solution to the chronic pain problem. There have been a number of companies who have taken advantage of the lack of standardization and regulation in the industry for personal gain to the detriment of the majority. Education and research is needed to establish valid and optimum use of specific medications for specific conditions, correct strengths, and appropriate quantities. Formulations should be developed to attain maximum benefit to the patient, not maximum profit.

If a company is guilty of kickbacks or other illegal activity it should be prosecuted. There are people who want to characterize this whole industry this way, guilt by association. Compounding will not go away, it has been almost timeless, meeting needs long before the pharmaceutical industry existed. Compounding meets the needs of countless patients by addressing specific individual issues preventing adequate treatment.

The major insurance companies sending out notices are not saying compounds will not be covered, they are stating that the compounds need to be made with dosage forms as that is the FDA approved drug. This is a misguided cost containment measure. The FDA defines a drug as a substance with biologic activity used to cure or mitigate disease. The use of dosage forms is severely limiting to compounding but is being forced upon us as a result of the bad behavior of the few.

Most compounders are trying to help people improve their quality of life. Many are motivated by the reward of helping others when others could or would not. Compounding will not go away based on the huge need out there. The ACA and necessity will drive for a solution to effectively manage pain. Compounding is increasingly becoming an obvious part of the solution. Yes, get a real job if you don't belong.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bellevue pharmacy is shady, they have tons of podiatrists who are "paid speakers". This gives the whole industry a bad rap.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dermatran does the same thing in my area

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannot believe that you all are still bickering like spoiled children. You make yourselves look like jerks. These compounds for pain are legitimate and a Godsend to many who cannot or will not risk the problems of treating pain by oral, more systemic dosing. Anyone smart would have known that the excessive billing and reimbursements were not going to last. Companies that exploited the payers should be shut down and the companies / reps who thought that it would last were as stupid as the mortgage lenders who though they actually EARNED their bloated commissions on those $0 down balloon mortgages on inflated value properties. People reap what they sow…. so good luck to you!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Summit pharmacy being sued by Allstate. The end is near. Trilogy pharmacy is in trouble.
    Wake up everyone . Especially all of you 1099 reps. I hope you look good in stripes. Keep doing what your doing and your going to jail.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a true champion, Rob. It's too bad that your colleagues and sales reps don't have the same passion. They're just in it for the money.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would make you think Rob wrote this? He's one of the best pharmacists in the country. All people have done is try to steal his IP and copy what he's done. There is no greater champion for the legitimate pain patient than RG!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

". . .his IP. . ."??? I'm sure he's a great pharmacist.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would be proud to work alongside anyone who was able to articulate this (it seems sincere to me) for what it is-a partial solution that is growing in importance due to a variety of reasons. I have a family member who responded incredibly well to a compound pain cream (back pain secondary to nerve impingement which also contributed to significant pain in left knee) and w/o going into specifics this same family member developed a problem with a pure po opiate and was in rehab and lost her job a little over 10 years ago due to the same back issue....if she had something topical first, who knows..........

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are down the tubes with this company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are things down the tubes?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same question......?

I think, perhaps, the Author is down the tubes. Take account of why you think company is down the tubes, if you believe this is right opportunity for you, and if you still think company is down the tubes then move on and best of luck. There are a lot of people who need a job, need the benefits, and would be thrilled to be on onboard. Attitude is everything here, cliche or not...it is a difficult first 3-6 months. However, I suspect these guys are going to be around 1, 3, 5 years from now, and much more. If so, then this is place to be.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What pharmacy are you working for that you are making so much money in commissions?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What company is paying you 850K?