Did AZ put rep in danger of getting Covid?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Mar 28, 2021 at 10:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is it that other large companies (Lilly, BI, Merck) legal departments deemed it too risky to send reps in the field during covid?
    But AZ not only allowed it, but pushed it. I was dinged for low call averages bc I was only doing virtual. I finally did go into the field bc I felt I was going to lose my job and I got covid!
    I feel incredibly guilty that I may have spread covid to customers. And of course the life long repercussion to my own health.
    I know 2 other reps that felt pushed and got Covid. Wondering if there are other out there that experienced similar thing?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s because we are men, roughed, gritty and salty!!! First to engage and last to leave, be happy you have a job, just suck it up buttercup.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I think there is some pressure even though there are signs posted - no reps allowed. They don't seem to care if we get Covid. We could have another lay off and then we will just have long term health consequences of having Covid and no medical insurance. Some reps are being pressured to go into all open offices including high risk offices where the staff is not wearing masks.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In June of 2020, as COVID rates were surging and other Pharma companies had pulled their representatives from the field, Bob Gilot directed his sales team to “do whatever it takes” to get in front of - face to face - with Drs. The video, posted on workplace, urged employees to do whatever it takes - “meet them in the hallway, meet them at the back door, use your creativity to get access...”. With scumbags like this making decisions - he was promoted in December as AZ laid off 500 people, by the way - is it a wonder there wasn’t a wide-spread COVID problem at AZ. Corporate core values? Yeah, right.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just shut the hell up, get the vaccine and do your fucking job. I have been out in the field since June and have had NO problems.... If you are so damn weak, then quit, find an easy job, make less money and be happy NOT going into the field.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been working in the field since June as well but I must say if the OP is telling the truth...then AZ has a huge problem on their hands. There has been a huge push by management to make it happen by any means necessary and that is in fact putting us at huge risk while insinuating that if execution doesnt increase you will be fired. In todays world I am shocked at the push from above to risk it all for the company or else.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here. You are missing the point. No vaccine was available in June/July/Aug and in Sept when I got Covid! You are lucky you din’t get it. I passed it to my child and spouse. And for what?
    I have no problem doing my job and being in the field now that I am vaccinated.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, our Regional Manager asked us last to call on one “no access” account a week. This makes no sense.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the field since June. New territory in January was exposed to CoVid from an office. 4 days later I’m was positive for the virus. My two daughters and son got it and 2 grandkids got it. All from me I’m sure. I’m so
    Over AZ. No more loyalty here. Let’s have more cuts soon

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what happens when old farts like you stick around way too long. AZ is notorious for letting folks like you stay on the tit way past your "detailman days". Retire and enjoy your grandkids while you can.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be nice you ignorant bastard, there is NO place for an inconsiderate A-hole like you. Jealous, yes you are, you are probably deep in debt, have to all the toys, and nice house, but you are sinking in a sea of debt and despair because you live way above your means!!!! So just back off and leave this person alone and learn some manner.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like someone’s family was NOT practicing social distancing. Unless your from one of those hick states like WVA where relatives sleep together and family trees are basically a straight line.

stay away from your grown kids and grandkids. That’s what the CDC recommends.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Replier to the post was just telling the truth. Look at the reps/managers in states like AL, FL, GA, TX etc.. that have just hung on and played the kiss ass card for years. They are enabled and complacent who have done nothing but suck on that AZ tit for 15-25 years. What's your motivation other than being mouth breathers and sucking off the system.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work with a bunch of youngin's. Lazy as the day is long and think leaving information to be thrown away as soon as they turn their back deserves a promotion. Ask these kiddies to use a reprint and the shit themselves.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup, saw that video. I can’t believe AZ didn’t fire that worthless A Hole on the spot.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Short answer, Yes!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Answer to??

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had to beg and plead for an office that wasn’t seeing rep’s to do a virtual speaker program at my managers insistence because numbers had dropped in that office. They were not happy but I had established a good relationship with them over the years, they agreed to do it. Not only that,the county was in the red at the time because of a recent outbreak. Also, our manager had us verbally commit to 8 in office calls/day on a Zoom call. And I do remember the video by BG. I thought at the time, putting your reps lives as well as others at risk to pad the bottom line. And the entire time they knew that there were going to be layoffs. What a joke. I was one of the fortunate ones to get laid off. This company is as unethical as they come. Just look at the way they are handling the vaccine.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As far as I’m concerned what was said in the video and on zoom calls vs the actions of managers is a whole lot worse than the bucket of money comment a few years ago. The bucket of money comment got people fired but didn’t put the lives of the reps and others in harms way. Sure AZ gave lip service and said all of the right things about staying safe and going virtual if you don’t feel comfortable, but having managers pull up calls per day and comparing them to other reps in the district and questioning why you didn’t have the same call average speaks volumes about how they really felt and couldn’t care less about the safety of their own representatives. It’s all about AZ and meeting metrics even in a pandemic. As a representative, you are just a POS as far as they are concerned.