Didnt want anyone to miss this one

Discussion in 'Plus Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This exchange buried at the end of another long thread. Enjoy
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Listed below are data points relative to PLUS, as published:

- Plus achieved profitability in late 2007 (per CEO Berg in press release Aug 2008)
    - Plus is owned by Water Street Capital Partners
    - Senior Sales Management came from US Labs which was acquired by LabCorp. US Labs become the oncology hub for all oncology labs LCA purchased to include Dianon and Esoterix. Genzyme is also being gathered under the US Labs umbrella.

It is possible PLUS would sell to a larger company if the price was sufficient, however Water Street Capital Partners have indicated they are interested in purchasing companies as part of their growth strategy.

PLUS is diversified in various markets as compared to other oncology labs:
    - Genitourinary Pathology
    - Gastrointestinal Pathology
    - Hematopathology
    - Dermatopathology
    - Breast Pathology
    - Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology

Anyone who works for or joins a company should evaluate the management team and determine if the culture and leadership style fits their own needs/requirements. No company is perfect. Based on the investments from WSCP and collections from insurance providers, PLUS is not in peril financially.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AND THE RESPONSE

Wow..this will take a few lines.

First of all D Berg is ex-CEO and dishonest. Left the company after a deal in New England including 2 illegal contracts one involving paying urologists for business via an intermediate company blew up costing the company over 100,000 in legal fees and hush money. Probably fired but I suppose it is possible he left on his own.

Lakewood was bought out by Wall Street Capital and now they regret this decision. Lakewood was struggling financially and still continues to struggle. The only difference is they are now called PLUS.

In general all AP speciality labs are struggling, including Bostwick. PLUS is hoping a sucker will come along to buy them out. Extremely unlikely to happen. Local Hospital labs are finally catching up to the speciality labs and offerering split billing etc and recouping lost business. Also urologist and gastroenterologis and local pathologists are building out labs and keeping everything. These trends will be the end of PLUS.

PLUS is not really diverse. Nearly all of their business is prostate biopsies and Urine FISH. A little GI is also present. There is absolutely no breast pathology going to PLUS and very little Heme, Derm or Oral path. Breast pathology is barely a break even endeavor anyways because the time per case is too long (i.e. a pathologist can sign out 12 prostate biopsies in the time it takes them to sign out one breast bx). No reason for PLUS to even go after this business. This is put on their website to distract from what they really are, which is a prostate biopsy factor.

Finally WSCP only invested in this company thinking they could sell for a profit after a few years. They cant and now they are stuck. If you dont think PLUS is in financial straits call anyone at Leica and ask about PLUS's history of non-payment or speak to a current or former employee about the multiple times missing payroll.

Agree with previous posts, that in general take anonymous posts with a grain. But the claims that I make are easily verified, talk to people at national meetings, take an interview. Once you speak with EH, or DP things will start to make more sense.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow your a pathetic loser with no life! Nobody was responding to your posts or paying any attention to you on the other thread , so you had to copy and paste and start another thread calling attention to what you already posted. You must have no life and really want to get attention . Keep posting and maybe someone will give u the Attention you seek. Hold your breathe or stop your feet like a child until you get your attention

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice comeback, care to dispute any of the claims. Oh yeah, you cant. They are all 100% true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are such a dousche, get a life. You cant hack it. Cry a little more. Wah - Wah. Look at me I am a cry baby. You cant sell anything to anyone. Stop wasting my time. I know who you are, and I will B slap you if I ever see you again. You should fear me

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm guessing the OP here only knows about New Jersey. I'm a lab employee at the CA hub, and we don't actually get that many Prostate Needle Bx's here. It's mostly GI biopsies, and a little bit of Prostate, which is opposite of what the OP was saying.

Also, we get tons of heme/onc cases every week. Certainly more cases than our accessioning dept. can handle sometimes. Another thing that's completely opposite to what the OP is saying...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez Edwin, you gotta relax..what a psycho

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on!!! we hardly get any Flow cases...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like SN complaining and getting upset. He has a short temper and is a terrible sales leader. Get me out of here quickly!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus is a joke! What physician group with any brains at all would send their pathology here?? Greed is the only answer! What a bill of goods you sell!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[
    The response is dead on

QUOTE=Anonymous;3905926]This exchange buried at the end of another long thread. Enjoy
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Listed below are data points relative to PLUS, as published:

- Plus achieved profitability in late 2007 (per CEO Berg in press release Aug 2008)
    - Plus is owned by Water Street Capital Partners
    - Senior Sales Management came from US Labs which was acquired by LabCorp. US Labs become the oncology hub for all oncology labs LCA purchased to include Dianon and Esoterix. Genzyme is also being gathered under the US Labs umbrella.

It is possible PLUS would sell to a larger company if the price was sufficient, however Water Street Capital Partners have indicated they are interested in purchasing companies as part of their growth strategy.

PLUS is diversified in various markets as compared to other oncology labs:
    - Genitourinary Pathology
    - Gastrointestinal Pathology
    - Hematopathology
    - Dermatopathology
    - Breast Pathology
    - Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology

Anyone who works for or joins a company should evaluate the management team and determine if the culture and leadership style fits their own needs/requirements. No company is perfect. Based on the investments from WSCP and collections from insurance providers, PLUS is not in peril financially.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AND THE RESPONSE

Wow..this will take a few lines.

First of all D Berg is ex-CEO and dishonest. Left the company after a deal in New England including 2 illegal contracts one involving paying urologists for business via an intermediate company blew up costing the company over 100,000 in legal fees and hush money. Probably fired but I suppose it is possible he left on his own.

Lakewood was bought out by Wall Street Capital and now they regret this decision. Lakewood was struggling financially and still continues to struggle. The only difference is they are now called PLUS.

In general all AP speciality labs are struggling, including Bostwick. PLUS is hoping a sucker will come along to buy them out. Extremely unlikely to happen. Local Hospital labs are finally catching up to the speciality labs and offerering split billing etc and recouping lost business. Also urologist and gastroenterologis and local pathologists are building out labs and keeping everything. These trends will be the end of PLUS.

PLUS is not really diverse. Nearly all of their business is prostate biopsies and Urine FISH. A little GI is also present. There is absolutely no breast pathology going to PLUS and very little Heme, Derm or Oral path. Breast pathology is barely a break even endeavor anyways because the time per case is too long (i.e. a pathologist can sign out 12 prostate biopsies in the time it takes them to sign out one breast bx). No reason for PLUS to even go after this business. This is put on their website to distract from what they really are, which is a prostate biopsy factor.

Finally WSCP only invested in this company thinking they could sell for a profit after a few years. They cant and now they are stuck. If you dont think PLUS is in financial straits call anyone at Leica and ask about PLUS's history of non-payment or speak to a current or former employee about the multiple times missing payroll.

Agree with previous posts, that in general take anonymous posts with a grain. But the claims that I make are easily verified, talk to people at national meetings, take an interview. Once you speak with EH, or DP things will start to make more sense.[/QUOTE]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHA! Tons of heme/onc in CA?! That's hilarious. If you got tons of them half the lab wouldnt have been laid off...now would they??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'Plus' most likely doesn't run enough flows to even cover the salaries of the overpaid executives in charge of the hem segment of this business. The company has failed to grow this business, which is the only possibility 'Plus' had to save this little company....the AP model is in a death sprial due to internalization and medicare cuts.........

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone knows that Neogenomics (check their press releases) has 30% of its revenue comming from one account, and this account is in southern california, in Plus' back yard. Most of the other business is with US LABS(Integrated) and Clarient GE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard D. Berg is back in the lab business...reached out to some past associates. Anyone heard anything?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What hapened to their deal? Heard it blew up

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Blew Up" ! more like a dud or a silent fart....CEO is incompentent and couldn't close a deal on an ice cube in hell...CEO is a has been sales rep with no capacity to lead the company let alone sell it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That big goof is consulting for ClearPath Diagnostics in Syracuse...still up to his old tricks. Got kicked out of an office because he was creeping out the staff!!! Real class-act you ot there, CP!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invested in a small private lab in RI

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Invest" in any lab is just stupid.....