Direct physician product sales versus Pharmaceutical sales

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Anonymous, May 12, 2007 at 3:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any advise for interviewing for positions which require direct physician pharmaceutical product sales versus the typical Pharmaceutical sales role of selling for prescriptions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I focus on Pharm Sales with the option to sell to physicians. This is the best position to be in. Some docs love to buy and turn for a profit, some docs won't even give out samples because they don't want to hear about it when it doesn't work. Thats what the drug store is for. I do have a good number however who orders. It depends where you are too. Some states have strict policy about direct dispense.Where are you located and what would you be selling. I think you can get a good # of derms to buy from you, but don't expect each one to be comfortable with that concept.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know of a list which segments dispensing docs from non-dispensing docs?

thx!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is a terrible economy right now so the first thing to slow down is cosmetic procedures this is not the time to get into that field

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're such an idiot!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nooooo my friend......this is the VERY worst time to get into direct selling. Incase you need proof step inot a plactic surgeons office....people are canceling elective surgeries in huge numbers. The major networks had a piece on this last week.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Derm that's a huge market. However, there is a lot of competition