Dishonest candidates

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Sep 5, 2020 at 1:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

as a hiring manager this is a sad phenomenon. Seems like nowadays it’s a common practice for candidates to self inflate rankings, performance and even geography they claim to cover in previous roles. I mean everybody claims to be an over achieving top performer. Anybody in pharma knows that at least 50% and many times as high as 70% of any given pharma sales force are weak reps with history of underperforming. All this documentation that reps try to provide during interviews and on LinkedIn profiles is largely useless. It’s quite sad actually. Before all the haters start firing away at this post, I’m not saying ALL reps do this however it’s now done at a disturbing rate. Lots of out of work reps who have not performed self inflating their credentials trying to land these jobs. Sad state of affairs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they were a true high performing rep, they’d mostly likely not be looking for a new job. It’s usually people trying to run from their past failures

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. You’re not a hiring manager. 2. This post is a waste of space from someone who obviously got passed over.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% true. Funny how there are never any low or mediocre candidates looking for a job. Only the best of the best........ at least on paper. Lmfao

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The entitled world has affected pharma reps for sure. It’s all about what have you done for me lately. You either drive results or you don’t. If so wonderful if not save the BS.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's not true. You owe it to yourself to see what you are able to land from another organization. It's done in many fields.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe they place a high value on being able to get infected with COVID-19.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps in isolated situations which means it’s rare. And I’m speaking specifically about pharma reps. Now if you believe reps resumes and LinkedIn profiles your myth is true. In that case, all pharma reps looking for jobs are total rock stars. Lol

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are a complete jackass piece of shit of a RD. If they were completely honest would you hire them or even screen them? No! So they all have to change their numbers do they get the call. You ignorant stupid motherfucker asshole!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you really defending lies by saying that’s the only way to get a job? Add in, you seem really angry for no reason at all. Basically, somebody said you lie about your accomplishments, and you confirmed that it’s true. Why are you pissed at the person who only pointed at something you actually do?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of generalization here ... Wall Street Journal article says only true way to increase base is to perform well- and then move on to next opportunities where base can pop up 10-20%. Versus 2.2-3.0% merit raise per year - and that is if you are lucky and meet sometimes unrealistic sales goals. Some reps interviewing for a lot of reasons- territory changes - as in getting too big (multi- states), or meds going generic- or true interest in helping patients as in this possible case with ALZ- New treatment - I have not had an interview when they asked for sales rankings in a long time, ya know reports are kinda confidential information- doesn’t mean I can not support success with projects and letters of recommendation...and asking hiring manager to call customers. Not all candidates are running away - sometimes running towards a unique opportunity- just saying.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your Wall Street journal info maybe speaks to top 10% of pharma reps who are truly legit. For every 1 rep who fits your theory there are 9 who don’t. Not hating on pharma but there are tons of reps faking it to milk the system. Many lie there way from job to job. Reality is over 50% of reps are cons desperate to stay employed and bS their credentials.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

would you hire someone that was honest? No!!! Then why complain? Stupid moron! This job we add zero value none! Numbers are like a lottery. Use your brain for once!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you so angry and defensive? Did someone hit a nerve? Lol..... actually I started only asking about annual performance rankings with candidates. All the other stuff many reps try to use is largely made up fluff and total propaganda. Just tell me how you were ranked in your last 2-3 performance reviews and if your sales ranking was top 25%. I can’t require you to provide me those performance reviews but the legit reps offer them. All the other stuff is useless BS.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll do anything to get the corona.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m here answering your original question dumb ass!!!! Why don’t you answer mine? Would you hire a poor performer that was honest???? No!!!! So shit the fuck up and deal with the lies asshole!!!! People have to do whatever it takes to get this job!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s scary is that I work with both of you! At BIIB.

angry responder chill the you know what out.

RD I beg that you are not this dense mentally. Because if you are it’s sad. People lie in this industry to get a better job. What do performance reviews have to do with anything as the field rep job is a joke. If you don’t realize this then truly you need psych meds

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, it wasn’t my original question, but I see that there are many layers to the quality of your character. And, no, I wouldn’t hire a poor performer. But, you need to consider that perhaps you don’t deserve the job. Lying about your performance doesn’t make you more qualified; it just makes you a liar.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Entitlement is key here. Pharma has created lots of undeserving entitled reps who serve as a blood sucking menace to companies. They make excuses for their failures to produce and get pipped and let go. Then they try to lie their way into a new job. Just no moral compass and pathetic. I’ve seen this happen and seems to be a disturbing pharma trend.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what? You're hiring pharma reps. People that pitch 30-second marketing messages to practitioners and order food.