Distributor to direct

Discussion in 'NuVasive' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2015 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been working for a distributor and their numbers for our entire teams area haven't been at quota and there's also been talk a out a five year contract they had with the company. I signed up less than a year ago and have been picking up the pieces from the past reps in my area and my distributor is reaching out to get other product. I'm now concerned that if they do lose the line that hopefully NuVasive would buy out the reps to be picked up as a direct reps. Has anyone seen this recently? I'm tempted to just reach out to HQ, but don't want to stir the pot or have it backfire on me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First...NuVasive doesn't buy out the reps. They buy out (if necessary) the distributor. He will take the money, put it in his bank acct, and tell you 'tough s**t'; find a new job. If they go direct they will either retain all/some reps or wipe the slate clean and start over. I would build a relationship with the direct Regional Mgr that your distributor reports to, I wouldn't go above that person. Keep working your butt off to build your case in the event they go direct. If they do, and they don't retain you, then you can shop your services and relationships to other spine companies.