Diversity a little too far

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

White Female Experienced. #11 that’s a bizarre generalization and completely ignorant. Stop believing all the hate you’ve been feed. My favorite and best boss in 25 plus years was an African American male. Have had crappy bosses, a few great bosses but most have been average. Been taught my whole life to judge each person by his or her character and not skin color.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

White Female Experienced. #11 that’s a bizarre generalization and completely ignorant. Stop believing all the hate you’ve been feed. My favorite and best boss in 25 plus years was an African American male. Have had crappy bosses, a few great bosses but most have been average. Been taught my whole life to judge each person by his or her character and not skin color.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hipanic male. Last post is spot on! 21 years in this crazy business. Best manager was a women. But...had 5 different female managers and they all were horrific! Two male managers and they both were outstanding. I just happened to get that gem you pray for and it happened to be a woman. Keeping it real & speaking the truth!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. I’ve been here 19 years. One bad manager....hired from outside GSK....he didn’t last....very toxic. Other than that 4 white male managers 2 of which were amazing, the other 2 were very good, 1 AA male...amazing, and 1 AA female.....very good. 1 Italian male RVP was just ok..development rotation, 3 white women RVP’s....2 were amazing and the other was very good, 1 white male Sector VP that I..along with many....despise. Still with the company making people miserable. I consider myself very lucky with the FLL and RVP team I’ve worked under.

Their gender, skin, orientation, etc....none of that means anything to me or is a predictor of how good someone is or isn’t.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lucky you! I have only had female FLLs. Nine to be precise. 1 was outstanding! 1 was tolerable. The other seven all had power and control issues. Varying degrees of micro-management but micro-manage they did! Typically burned reps out within six months. The only reason these managers remain is that GSK has a re-org every year and a half. By the time reps are about to go to HR the company does their version of musical chairs. Maybe I have just been unlucky but the women I have worked under have not been up to snuff. IMHO. Also, I am a caucasian female.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is anybody supposed to “innovate” beyond a novel new molecule? The field based commercial operations jobs are so ham strung and tied up that nothing is going to ever make the field jobs rewarding and innovative. I will vote for any political candidate that can sleigh the pharma monster and put people before pharma profits (and I have done very well with my pharma stocks, but I will sacrifice that). Only a unique molecule is innovative, otherwise pharma introduces a product and stays between the lines with virtually no need anymore for an army of pretty/handsome robots spreading the message. It is OVER folks, get out and find something meaningful, rewarding, and fulfilling to do with your one shot at life.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked for two ladies somewhere within GSK and they were both nice people (well one was and the other was an dumb C), well educated, but so unrealistic about what could be done on a daily basis. Not long ago I QUIT! Buh Bye idiotic GSK! Just an ugly embarrassment on my resume and miserable memory. Get out and find rewarding work.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took the package at GSK after many years last October. I found rewarding work that I enjoy now. Luckily was near retirement so it worked for me. It was a horrible experience in the last 5 years there-- very much a dumbing down of management and the COCO thing was the last straw!!! Didn't have to look for same type of gig but have bad

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. Luckily I got out of this company and went to something more fitting to my moral code. I know people there who are decent but in reality they are profiting off of the public. Time for this charade to end. Not blaming the pharma rep but honestly looking from the outside in this is bad juju. I am very liberal but while at GSK all I hear about was Trump Trump and Christian Evangelical BS. To me this is all BS and has turned me into an atheist after seeing that it's the Evangelicals who elected this criminal Sorry but I have a moral code. Glad I'm out of GSK

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

moral code? So who did you vote for in 16'? Clinton? LMFAO.

[​IMG]

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kasich. Our primary system needs work...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a surprise....another idiot blaming Trump. I say Trump made Hurricane Dorian go North and miss Florida. You can do it, I can do it too....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like most of the GSK people I knew. You guys should form a cult chanting COCO to the orange blimp with big crosses around your neck. Don't forget the white hoods.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kasich is worse than MAGA.

During remarks Thursday at a golf club in Orange County, California, Kasich — known for his folksy, plain-talking style — told a story about a note left for him by a Latina hotel maid. "A lot of them do jobs that they're willing to do, and that's why in the hotel you leave a little tip," Kasich remarked, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    "This lady wrote me in my hotel there in L.A. She wrote this note. It said, `I really want you to know that I care about your stay.' Is that just the greatest thing?" Kasich said, according to the newspaper. "So, you know, we can learn a lot and she's Hispanic, 'cause I didn't know it at the time, but I met her in the hallway — asked her if I could get a little more soap," he said chuckling.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like the perfect Christian! I’m sure you love Trump and wear a cross and buy pillows from the pillow Christian creep on TV. You are the same type of person who sat there and believed in Hitler in the 30’s while he rounded up Jews and killed them by the millions. We are getting close to that here- make Hispanics villains and they deserve cages right?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kasich?? What a dope you are.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are the same type of person who sat there and believed in Hitler in the 30’s while he rounded up Jews and killed them by the millions.

Once you introduce Hitler in any conversation, you have lost the moral high ground. Grow up.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you should grow up and read about how your orange blimp hero Trump kept Hitlers speeches next to his bedside according to his first wife Ivana in Vanity Fair article. Google it and learn about who your leader really is! So I think mentioning Hitler is appropriate.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally, but at least smarter than you

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Schmidt, one of the president's staunchest critics at MSNBC, also slammed Melania Trump on Monday, calling the first lady "a con artist" after she said “kindness, compassion and positivity are very important traits in life" during a speech at the Students Against Destructive Decisions' annual conference in Tyson's Corner, Va”. Schmidt hates Trump, MSNBC hates Trump. Apparently he will say anything about Trump and you believe it! Consider the source-MSNBC and Schmidt both Trump haters. How about a real source.