Diversity and inclusion?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Oct 11, 2015 at 12:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why can't the company just have an employee advancement program for everyone to join? So at our poa, we will have a welcome reception hosted by WINN(women), VANN(veterans-all for this group), AANN(African Americans), MilleNNIals(wtf), and HoLA(Hispanics). I feel real welcome as white male to join these!! Now let the hate mail roll in. It just doesn't feel inclusive and looks like reverse racism.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No hate here! I'm not white and I agree with you. I don't join these groups for that exact reason. Totally agree! Feels like college. I never joined there either.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

these groups actually have the reverse effect of their intent. I feel discriminated against because I am unable to join any of them. As a white male I am supposed to ignore the fact that I am excluded but celebrate with those who can. Let me start Caucasian Male at Novo Nordisk and see how quickly I am terminated.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get used to it. You are the newest minority. How do you like it?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me clue you in pal-if all heterosexual white males over 35 quit working tomorrow, this country would be in one hell of a mess. Let's face it - we're all in this together and if everyone, regardless of race, sexual persuasion or political party pulled together and worked together to make this country the best for ALL Americans, we would all be better off.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

White males dominate the levels at or above DBM here. Over 90% of our leadership is straight and white. Before you rant about how great "we" (I am white, too) are, keep in mind that of many of our white male DBM and AVPs were fired from some other company and later picked up here.

In my experience in this industry, these "diversity" things pop up after a company has been successfully sued by one group or another. As a result there will be some noise at meetings, a couple of tokens will be hired to marketing or HR, and some less-thasn-stellar straight white guy will get his panties in a bunch because he feels that his career path is threatened.
    In another year, it will all go away.

Do your job, network your butt off, let the hiring of a couple of tokens appease legal. All will be right soon enough.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't recall saying anything about how great 'we' are. I was simply pointing out that these groups include everyone except the white male.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love it. I quit Novo because of how little the job made me feel (don't worry, you can all rant about how awesome you all are. You're not).

Now, we get straight out racism, misogyny, and xenophobia!! Class act, you bunch of lightweight posers. MINORITIES you bunch of assholes, not the frats and sororities you all used to belong to. What a bunch of awful human beings.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not a white male and I agree. I think these groups are stupid. I don't think anyone can tell me that these groups have advanced their careers. This is just another thing to make the company look like they care about diversity They don't

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if you're a black Hispanic chick who just turned 28 and served in the army? Choices!

I'm a white male and I'm not threatened by these groups, but I do think they feel "forced." ERG's are supposed to be grass roots and can't help but think there's a little Danish astro-turfing going on here.

Also, I think the "you don't have to be X to be a part of Y" is incredibly dumb. From the company's perspective, it probably serves to fragment the employees into different groups a la a divide and conquer strategy...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a white boy also. I dont feel threatened by any minority. Bring it on. My success is the fast lane. Good luck keeping up.

Racial theories (pro or con) make idiots feel smart.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Compared to my last company our marketing teams (from what I've seen) and upper level sales leadership looks like some gathering of Montessori parents in North Dakota. And some tool here feels threatened by a few empty-suit employee groups? These have been around pharma for a couple of decades. With the exception of a few women in leadership-type hires, they mean nothing.

Move along now, we've got much more to worry about than this!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These things are simply groups of people with similar ethnicity or background experience. Sounds like the white male is looking for a reason to feel sorry for himself. Get over it - if you're not part of one of these groups, they'll have no effect on you.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More accurately, it sounds like some idiot is looking for excuses for why he won't get promoted. Out of many thousands of employees, we've got 3 or 4 groups of 15 "minorities", and he's running' skewered he aint gonna git him a promotion?

OP, man up and excel at your current job and good things should happen for you. At the next POA or launch look around you, Hoss! With very few exceptions our RBDs, AVPs and even AEs all look like you. Thats the way its been, thats the way it will be.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. The diversity groups are reverse racism. They usually are created when an RBD or higher person needs to put something on their IDP to get a promotion. The groups are a complete waste.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First, there's no such thing as "reverse racism" - it's just racism, regardless of the color of your skin. Second, can we name anyone who was promoted because of forming one of these groups? Third, how exactly is anyone holding you back? Just quit being stupid, that's all.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, what an amazingly racist company. Here, I'll help with the Google search - NOVO NORDISK RACIST CULTURE.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NNI is not a racist company. It goes to great lengths to prove otherwise. It goes too far, in fact, as has this entire country. I'm so sick and tired of the race card being used as an excuse for incompetence and ignorance.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your post is going to be used by the "diversity" crowd as proof that those ERGs are needed. Isn't that ironic?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey guys, understand the formation of these separatist groups is usually due to a discrimination lawsuit where the plaintiff won against a company (Novo in this case). These groups are formed as part of a legal settlement or a way for Novo to discredit claims of inequality in promotions and/or opportunities in the future. Just ask anyone who has worked in a HR dept of a fortune 500 company to confirm my statement here. I am a minority and personally I strongly dislike forming groups based on race. I just hope Novo does more to be fair and equal to all of its employees than hold a bunch of BS meetings.