Diversity Question

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by anonymous, Jun 4, 2017 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxter has become less diverse over the past several years and they are not pushing diversity and no one seems to get their bonuses impacted if they do not meet job slating "requirements" - especially exec. management. They do just the minimum for the EEOC. Diversity at the executive management level and Board of Directors has always been pitiful compared to the rest of the medtech industry; only one woman on the BoD and one woman on the executive officer level. The few other minorities are one level below. I would never recommend someone of high talent to come work at Baxter if they are looking for a senior level job. Baxter has diversity at the low-level jobs up to Director level, but after that, it's a joke. They say their are all about diversity, but we all know that's a crock. If Baxter truly believed in diversity, then it would be showing from the most top levels down. See for yourself on their own website and do the math.

http://www.baxter.com/inside-baxter/about/leadership.page?scroll=tab-navigation

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On LinkedIn, there was recently a picture of the new class of Baxter interns. I saw it last week, so don't take these numbers as exact, just relying on my memory but you'll get the point. Of the 30 or so youngsters in the photo, only about 3ish appeared to be white males. Women and minorities made up approx 90% of the people in the photo and were represented well beyond the proportion of their current population demographics. If diversity means gaining access to all viewpoints/opinions to achieve a better outcome, then you can't achieve diversity by excluding white males.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one said exclude white males you paranoid entitled prick. If you are this stupid, you don't deserve to be included in anything... you think a staged photo is indicative of diversity? Have you forgotten that Baxter has offices all around the world? And Baxter should consider hiring white males from OUS countries? BTW... interns, how much authority and power do you think they hold? None. Just a pawns in your diversity numbers game moved around by white male leadership.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxter is just another company utilizing "moral licensing" to justify treatment of specific minorities. Do a tiny bit of inclusiveness to be able to stretch truth - and donate a shit load of money to minorities causes to "buy" and market diversity. Baxter still has a along way to go. Seems like the typical white Richards still at the helm.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

go to JNJ, they will promote your diverse, entitled ass all day long regardless of aptitude.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have perfectly encapsulated what diversity means to executives at Baxter - you think there is some kind of unfair advantage that comes along with being a minority or a woman and you are fighting every day to balance off that advantage. Well done.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honey, you are the one on here looking for advantage based on skin color or whatever is or isn't between your legs. I wouldn't go casting aspersions on the motivation of others.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true! A smoke screen for Baxter's "diversity" awards. Look at the diversity at the top. Big joke!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good job HR.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diversity is a code word for white genocide.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The more I learn about Baxter the more pathetic it sounds. So...don't hire real talent but white people because we have to keep the white power alive...it sounds like a cult - do you know how pitiful that is?
    Does it matter what you look like? Hire the best talent out there not races. My Gosh this country has gone to shit with racism, segregation and hatred. Such an advance country in so many ways yet so behind on societal matters...and Baxter is right with it.
    Again, I truly hope someone with brains (obviously the white males in upper management have no brain mater whatsoever) realizes this is just wrong...and always remember Karma is a real Bitch

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"white" is only coincidental as they are generally the majority... has more to do with your ability, obviously which is lacking by you post.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ignorant HR comment. No qualified females? Baxter exterminated all the qualified females over the age of 50 by strategic reorganization over the last 5 years. Plenty of qualified females that males couldn't accept because more qualified and males want no noise from females. Minorities? History of Baxter only hired very few and kept in their place.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diversity is a total joke at Baxter. White-wash post split. The true global folks left with Baxalta.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, that was a profound observation. Thanks, Einstein.

All med-device companies have Lily white sales forces.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should leave too then. Take your crutch with you

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me, was never worth staying. Baxter has turned into a xenophobe shit house. Their recruiters can barely attract what passes for plausible "talent." But they sure seem to be hiring the left over waste from other med device companies like WB.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes WB (Warner Brothers) is awful, look what they did to Wylie Coyote, when is the last time you saw him in a recent cartoon? I rest my case.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

response above from unemployed troll.