Diversity

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I highly doubt you even work for Cardinal. Sounds like you were a rep who sucked at their job and was let go. Guess what, that happens to a lot of young reps too. The average age of the reps at CAH is 45. So how is that discriminatory? We have tons of reps who do this job until they retire. Btw, CAH rarely fires anyone so you must’ve been a real peach, which is highlighted by all these obsessive compulsive CP entries. Please move on with your life. CAH is a great place. Your negativity is not wanted or needed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don't have to fire anyone!! Many "reorgs" and layoffs have terminated many careers. Ask Jorge about that! Ask a bunch of performing reps (and quite a few over 50) why they were let go these past two years. So many people have disappeared regardless of ability to make up for the mess caused by the opioid scandals. How do you think over 100 million dollars in Federal mandated fines are being paid? Why do you think Casey, Duffy, and George "Jerry Garcia" Barrett were all disposed of? Because they sucked at their jobs almost ruining this company. The jury is still out if the new regime can make things better. BTW, where are you an RM?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doe anyone know why Jorge (worked in the northeast) was let go after a stellar year in FY17?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who f#(king cares. If I have to read one more post about age discrimination or how white cardinal is. My region alone has a couple people over 60, and I know a couple guys still working for the company in their 70s. Also, go look at any other medical device company and tell me what you see, white people. The industry is white washed. Cardinal, comparatively, is actually doing a decent job

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He was let go?? Good! That’s his karma for getting his NSM roommate fired for coming back to the hotel room drunk and waking him up. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At that NSM, wasn't his roommate Anthony P? That incident occurred 4 or maybe 5 years ago. So they finally got Jorge. He did have a short fuse as I recall. Good Riddance

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, That was him. I was there. He cried and whined about it to Security when it happened. I guess he tried to be nice but we all know how nice guys finish.......don’t throw stones in a glass house

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SPEAKING OF KARMA, I HAD A PRICK OF A MANAGER WHO TRIED TO RUIN MY CAREER.. HE'S HAD A FEW ROCKY SALES YEARS OF LATE SO I'M MOIST WITH ANTICIPATION THAT THIS LIMP-DICK CREEPER WILL GET THE JORGE TREATMENT ONE DAY SOON, TOO. KARMA GETS EVEN

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How was he nice about it? His roommate tripped over the ironing board while walking into their dark hotel room and Jorge immediately called CAH security and demanded a different room in the middle of the night bc he felt threatened. I guess his roommate should have turned on every light in the room so he could see, but then I bet Jorge would’ve felt threatened by the lights too. MK was the senior leader on call that night so he got woken up in the middle of the night having to deal with this fiasco. The roommate had to be let go bc Jorge felt “threatened” by him.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There had to be more to this incident than Anthony just stumbling around in the room. But then again, I remember listening to a conversation when Jorge went ballistic on another rep discussing, of all things, the American presence in Iraq. Jorge claimed he was a Marine and claimed he was in Iraq so the other rep's conflicting opinion enraged Jorge to the point where I thought fists would fly. This episode occurred at out Miami mid-year meeting a few months before the drunken stupor freaked out JV. And then the diminutive Matt K fires Anthony? Had to more than a drunk rep staggering in the room. But observing JV's behavior in Miami God knows how he spun the Anthony intoxication situation. And Anthony, I thought, was a pretty mellow guy got fired after a pretty good sales year. How many drunken sots at these meetings get away with far worse because they're connected to the good ole boys' club? If you got a rabbi at Cardinal they're gonna protect you. Cardinal is rife with nepotism in field sales as well. For starters, what else accounts for the Rosenbaum boobs working premo territories?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of the departed Jorge, curious that he was one of the last minorities to represent the Cardinal sales team in the Northeast. Ricardo Patton is gone as is Ava Betancourt (a dear friend who suffered a health tragedy but really wonder if she was forced out, too?). Remember Matt Si from distribution? Another minority who disappeared about 5 years ago. I work in the Northeast but I'm lucky I'm white and not yet fifty. Strange how Cardinal promotes all kinds of diversity but they reserve most of these people for lower echelon positions. But Barrett and Kohut were dispatched and they're Jewish. What's going on here? I only know one AVP who is Jewish and no RMs. Is an investigation needed? I keep my head down, color out the grey on my head (though I have quite a few years to go before I hit my sixties I fear I may then be a target. Just ask Bill Cooper, an outstanding RM who was let go in the northeast while several younger and utterly useless RMs were kept. Sure gets you thinking that Cardinal has an agenda besides making GP.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of the departed Jorge, curious that he was one of the last minorities to represent the Cardinal sales team in the Northeast. Ricardo Patton is gone as is Ava Betancourt (a dear friend who suffered a health tragedy but really wonder if she was forced out, too?). Remember Matt Si from distribution? Another minority who disappeared about 5 years ago. I work in the Northeast but I'm lucky I'm white and not yet fifty. Strange how Cardinal promotes all kinds of diversity but they reserve most of these people for lower echelon positions. But Barrett and Kohut were dispatched and they're Jewish. What's going on here? I only know one AVP who is Jewish and no RMs. Is an investigation needed? I keep my head down, color out the grey on my head (though I have quite a few years to go before I hit my sixties I fear I may then be a target. Just ask Bill Cooper, an outstanding RM who was let go in the northeast while several younger and utterly useless RMs were kept. Sure gets you thinking that Cardinal has an agenda besides making GP.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember Jim Durr, an RM from Indiana? A competent guy who actually looked much older than he was. IMHO he was dispatched a few years back because he was deemed too old and was therefore replaceable.
    Just the way it is at CARDINAL

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coop was really Good People and was pushed out shamefully. The Med Surg manager from New York had one of the worst sales years ever in the northeast in FY17, losing millions in medical surgical sales, but Coop was the one let go later that October. Same RM had another disastrous year earlier in FY15, too. Maybe Coop's rif had nothing to do with age, but more to do with who is/are the better butt kissers serving their AVP?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jim Durr was not competent. He needed to go.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been told the NYC manager is also a D-Bag

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This RM is a disturbed individual. Do you work for him? If so, best to transfer or move on if you sense trouble. If the answer is NO, why are you commenting on him? Do your job, hit your number, make money, and think positive. Stay away from similar toxins and don't waste your time thinking about them. If you must comment on Cardinal, try to be more upbeat (we need more of that!) and stop the negativity.