Divesting spine??

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by anonymous, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone left on both sides of Legacy Synthes seems royally pissed off at the company, their managers, and the general environment of the company. I'm speaking of trauma and spine because JNJ has obliterated CMF, but has anyone heard the rumors that they're now divesting spine? Maybe that's not a bad thing....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They missed the window to divest spine. The once mighty and now combined Deputy and Synthes spine divisions have shriveled up. To sell them off now would command about 20% of what they would have been worth pre-merger. At least J&J is rich and can take the hit. Spine prices are beginning to crater so it might not be so bad to cut and run. The same is coming to all orthopedics. It not be a bad idea to get out altogether.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In my short time as a JnJ employee I have learned without a doubt that JnJ is only into high growth, high profit, businesses. Spine growth has been nonexistent for about 10 years and margins are dwindling quickly. That said, I have a hard time seeing Gorsky endorsing divesting Spine when 5-6 years ago he was championing the acquisition.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The acquisition was all about the trauma division. JNJ already had a spine division, getting Synthes spine was a headache, but came with it! The fact that Dan Wildman has been "transitioned" to a new project is writing on the wall that they've given up. He is the ONLY person to do anything positive for spine. The only new products released since 2012, are projects under way prior to the acquisition, or companies acquired under Wildman's tenure....nothing else! They may not divest spine, but they've given up on it....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have no fear!!! David Mok will save Spine single handedly with his chargeable instrument program, hidden fee program and expertise in the customer... Said no one!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is he supposed to do? His options are limited especially since the "sales" consultants and RSM's don't actually sell and only cover cases. By the way, I am sure the quintiles people will do a better job with case covering too. Can't justify competitive pricing with no sales skills supporting it.

Also, if you have had pricing issues, then you can thank your RSM and AVP as David has little/nothing to do with your account t level deals.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not Mok David

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where you on yesterday's conference call? Could this be the beginning of the end for the spine devision? If you were on the call you know what I'm talking about.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Divest it already. I really don't know many people who are happy with J&J and this would be an improvement.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The end has to be near. Is there anybody and I mean anybody still left that is happy working there? What a total disaster. Way to go JNJ. You finally reached your goal.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. David's a nice guy but needs more real market experience to make effective change

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

prodisc sold back to the V bros. and Centinel spine

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The V Bros are too smart to buy prodisc, unless the price is laughable.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can this be seen as anything but throwing in the towel on spine? Many reps sold a ton of these implants and now that income is gone. What's the next shoe to drop? I don't think we can take much more. The lack of leadership and the constant neagativity has forced many of the long tenured reps to seek employment elsewhere.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completely agree. No trust left in this sales leadership team and it starts at the top. Travis Williams needs to be held responsible. We have lost great talent to our competitors while under his watch!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure that Travis had much influence here but I agree there needs to be accountability for the massive loss of talent and sales. Struggling to find reasons to stay here myself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you elaborate please? What the heck is happening? I'm at Synthes right now doing an internship. Have always wanted to do spine but this is scaring me a bit.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pro-disc worldwide gone! whats the play? divesting all of spine or clearing out pro-disc for another disc aquisition? none of the next gen discs available to sell for a while still so why now?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Divesting. Pro Disc was and is a great product with a ton of clinical data behind it. Just balancing the books to show profit back to the mother ship for 2017. Too far behind BP not to make this move. This my friends is a pure financial play.