DM

Discussion in 'Pharmacia Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is JB friends with DE or why is he a DM? Kind of shocking.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have no clue if they are friends or not. Shocking - no, that is reality in phadia/pharma/etc. Most of the world operates that way - look at politics. I will take an unpopular stand with higher ups which is detrimental to any career. Perhaps I'm naive but rather that then unethical.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's well said. It summarizes the fundamental problem with the company, that whatever its name, carries its control tactics to an extreme. It strives to benefit the few. If you can maintain what you are referring to as naivete, then you will certainly be able to lead elsewhere. You are after all a leader now with this attitude. Even a place like this has lessons for anyone willing to learn them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JB is a joke

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmacia just needs a real management program. I don't think pharmacia even has a management training course. Do they? IMHO, that is an area that needs improvement.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, thank you kind sir or ma'am. I've thought that one of my fatal flaws was that I'm too fiercely independent. I know that going along with the crowd and not rocking the "bus" will probably get you ahead. Although I can't really enjoy my career if I don't feel I'm being honest.

A lot of reps. on these boards seem to hate their jobs but are tied up with golden handcuffs. That is sad. I learned a lot at pharmacia during my tenture--probably more than any place ever. Sometimes you learn the hard way and come out better in the end.

Where is my PDI. . . . . buddy? I miss you these days! ;-)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"JB is a joke" - here is some advice:

Organize your team with a well-thought out approach. Discuss with JB what you expect of him as your manager. If your team isn't getting what they need then as a TEAM (not one person) you write a letter to Upper Management outling the issues. Be diplomatic and fair. That is probably the best way to have higher-ups take notice. Venting here only further discredits this site as only for underperformers who aren't making their numbers. Good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do NOT go to anyone with your thoughts. That, my friend, will be the swift end of you.

Clearly JB thinks otherwise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: How to win!

Agree! Your team is key here. Don't ever complain as an lone employee. They will can you. Approach JB (?) with your team. Be organized and diplomatic. The next level up is RMs, etc. Be strategic. Do NOT under any circumstances talk to home office. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, that would be unwise. JB has a new manager and up till this point he has been a protected species. I personally know people who tried that approach to no avail, they eventually left. Try to hit your numbers, if you do, you're good, if not, start looking because horrible managers will make their people look worse than themselves.