Do I want to work here?

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you in network with any insurances?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please........go somewhere else!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that's the criteria on how I judge if a liberal is lying......mouth moving = lying.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MDL is the laughing stock of the lab industry and it probably won't be around much longer. Not with VT running things.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. The lab I work at now and the different ones I have friends at ....... MDL is looked at as a bottom-feeder. All of the reps who used to work at MDL ( and that means MANY MANY MANY ) are now working at other labs. There's no other "lab" ( hate to actually call it a lab ) that has this bad of a reputation and with one person at the top of the pyramid......VT. Absolute worse person to run anything. Ruined a lot of careers; in so doing, hers as well. She could never work at another lab. Her name is too well known by so many former reps who despise her.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn't matter. They deceive the docs by telling them we file all insurance and treat all patients as in network. Only the patient has to call and complain that they were charged out of network. If they don't call they are screwed. And even though it's illegal they cap all patient bills at $225. That is clearly in violation of their managed care contracts. Someone should blow the whistle on them.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting forethought. Could you provide more detail? I would personally like to know more about this. Also, don't think this has gone completely unnoticed.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What other details do you need? With the exception of BRCA the cap all patient bills at $225.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like that we offer special holiday pricing on STD's, 7 for $99. nothing says Christmas like offering dollar store pricing on tests

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh, good. so you're covered.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are obviously some people on here that have been burned by MDL.

This isn't a bad job. Expect 35-70 base depending on what role you are applying for. Definetly do not count on more than $5000 yearly as commission for sales roles. Managerial roles have way more promise on the commotion front.

The company car is nice, and yes you can also opt for car allowance.

If you can sell MDL, you can sell anything.

Sure- you'll be a bit underpaid for the industry, and that's something I wish was different, because other than that (and the shady commission plan) the company's pretty awesome.

And VT is cool cool cool people. She really is.

And I highly doubt she spends anytime on here talking to losers who spend their off time bashing their past employers.

If you're so upset all you can do is bash VT then you're probably super lame to begin with and weren't cool enough to make the best out of a better company than most.

Life is hard. Make the best of it. Bring your character and gumption. Stop blaming others for your short comings.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone that has worked for MDL has been burned. This post sounds like one of the juveniles that was hired because they couldn't get a sales job anywhere else much less become a manager. Good luck trying to get a real job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol @ "if you can sell MDL, you can sell anything".

It's much harder to sell an honest, in-network solution that a shady, bill-capped product for a subset of payors for 6 months...that's about how long it takes for the letters to start rolling in.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was never "burned". I don't have some deep seeded hate for VT either.

However I still disagree with MDL being a good job. It's a shady, company in several facets...from just flat out not filing insurance claims to calling 3x the ASCUS rate on paps to inflate HPV billing, to the revolving door of commission plans, to suing insurance companies.

Im honestly surprised they are still around.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you got paid every penny of commission you earned with 100% of your RCF?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sister.....you have issues. Naive would certainly be in the top 3.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just got a call. I'm soooo jazzed. What can you tell me about this place?? I really want to work with you guys and make alot of money. The person I spoke to said excellent opportunity for advancement, tons of money, great benefits, a real family-feel atmosphere. How much money are you making here? Anyone to watch out for? What kinds of questions should I be asking?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

God I hope this is sarcasm. If not, you're an idiot and cannot read