Do "older" reps stand a chance?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very disheartening to see on LinkedIn that all the rheumatology reps are in their 20's and 30's. I only saw one rep in her 40's (she probably had a special connection).

I've never seen age discrimination to this extent at any other pharma company.

And don't blame it on older reps costing more....most would accept the salaries that were given to these young reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't discriminate! We love Milfs- uh I mean older reps. We have plenty of them! It depends how tight your body (or better yet loose) is. Apply and once we interview we will know. It helps if you have some experience but we can overlook that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree! our MILF's and cougars are top shelf hotties! They rule club celgene and love to throw down. If you fit that mold you are guaranteed to get in. Otherwise don't even try.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about older male reps who are qualified...why don't we see them as Celgene's rheumatology reps? Again...age discrimination.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My recruiter told me that they discriminate based upon performance. Good for me, I have 9 President's Awards.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many people who apply are overqualified.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't want experience. They want the slut that was passed around the frat house in college. If you are "older" with a great rack you might be have a chance.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in this industry long enough to see reps and management fired over"hanky-panky" behavior. Love seeing that happen, since business and pleasure should always be separate. No exceptions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha fat chance grandma! You ever heard of club celgene? wow!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No old chicks please. We like em wet and wild!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a grandma. You are playing with fire. Sooner or later something bad will be the result of your "Club Celgene".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would take a GILF in a heartbeat. I have a neoghbor who is one and she is amazing!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well I bet you look like one with an attitude like that. You know the hook ups and cheating here is epic and the culture is down with it. Why do you think Celgene can retain its talent? Its not just the money but all the hook up opportunity. The management team is some of the worst offenders, so get with the program and have some fun!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your definition of "fun" is not mine. My attitude reflects decency and integrity, qualities which you and your type lack. Your hook ups make you nothing more than scum.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40 is gross!!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember that when you turn 40.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30 is the new 40. Seriously though...so much talent or there and the focus is purely appearance. Apparently Celgene feels all prescribers are a bunch of late agreed horndogs and nurses only interested in fantasy role play that feeds them sweets. Who cares about the actual relationships and drug knowledge

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you guys looking at? I studied linkedin and I simply can't find many good looking pictures.

The oncology side of the house is downright ugly. Can't find much management on linkedin, but the reps look like VA nurses.

The inflammation side is not much better. Looks like maybe 4 regional directors. 1 looks good. That's it. The DM side is average at best. The reps, well there's 2 or 3 that look good but the rest look average.

Maybe your standards are low, or maybe you are just a whiner.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the rheum/derm side. definitely a horn dog doing the hiring of the DM's in the midwest. Not whining simply stating a fact.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP was talking about AGE. Yes, it looks like all the reps are extremely young. Honestly, when I was that age, I couldn't sell anywhere
    near what I can do today. Unfortunately, if they don't want to hire older experienced reps, it's their huge loss. The other side? As sure as the sun comes up, every rep dissing the older reps will one day wake up, look in the mirror and realize they are not immune from aging! Full circle and Karma strikes!! :)