Do "older" reps stand a chance?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me take a stab... You're a tool!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes one to know one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and a big set of tits! Club Celgene rules, and the hotties run wild !!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry. You don't work for Celgene, you sell a competitive product that you think is superior, and you continue to troll a message board talking about crushing our drug in the field?

You're not a tool. You an absolute loser!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Biologic stars? You sound like a frigging little girl. Quit your griping and continue to work on improving those Top 30% finishes jackoff!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your track record is important, but there are other qualities that Celgene wants as well. You don't have those, move on, find a new job somewhere else.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other qualities like if you partied in college and if blue is your favorite color.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Personally I have experience in both Rheum and Derm, and I can tell you that the majority of the reps calling on these specialties are tenured not only in their careers, but in these specialties. These reps have been calling on these docs for a long time, the docs consider them friends. Many of them have personal friendships that extend beyond their professional relationship. They have met and spent time with each others' families. Take it from someone who was once the "new guy" and had to pay my dues and put in my time to become one of these tenured reps, these relationships go a long way. A physician who knows your kids and sees pictures of them frequently won't write a drug that takes money out of your pocket unless it is a TRUE BREAKTHROUGH. Otezla is not a breakthrough. While the oral administration is new and novel for biologics, most docs see this as a DMARD and even the ones who don't won't care about what is "new and novel" about this drug when they see how poor the efficacy is. I have sold products like this and I can tell you that THE ONLY WAY to have any success with them is to hire reps with excellent relationships. Doctors will look past the fleas on this dog and write it when they can because they want to help the rep out. When you walk in for the first time and meet these docs, they will have no loyalty to you and no reason to want to help you out by writing a drug they know is a dog. Sorry, it is just the truth.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The drug will perform fine. Any patient that needs a DMARD would prefer to try an oral solution before injectible

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Humira!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any patient that has psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis would prefer a drug that works to an expensive placebo.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter what the patient prefers, it's what the doctor writes.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had held any job long enough to make a 2nd or 3rd call on a prescriber, you would know that patients will call back for something else if a drug does not work and that a doctor will not write it after that. Frankly he probably won't write it in the first place since both the biologic reps and the topical reps have better efficacy data and the doctors actually have a relationship with them so they WANT to help them out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm saying it doesn't matter if the patient wants otezla the doctor won't write it because it doesn't work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a drug that poses no threat, there sure are a bunch of competitors trolling this board

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! Just look at the hotties prowling club celgene and you figure out real quick what those qualities are! And if you're lucky, you will see what the critical skills are too! My balls are completely drained from a typical NSM

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the salary range for this new Derm position for folks with only 3 yrs pharma experience? Job postings say required 2 years average of pharma exp. This doesn't sound right...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's considered 'older'? Not sure about age wise but someone with more experience probably will not be a good fit. The ads states 1-3 yrs of pharma experience, so they're not lookin for people already set in their ways etc. This is basically equivalent to a PCP level in the Derm world. I assure you, anyone mature, older, a bit more experienced will NOT be happy here. Working for a DM w very little experience, skills set and maturity will make your life hell. This is why they are not hiring Top Reps from other companies! Likethe ad states, 1-3 yrs of pharma wxperience is what theyre looking for.

Now will hiring folks with very limited skills set or experience get the job done? Depends on their resume. Ive interviewed younger and less experienced reps with great and impressive resumes. I base my hiring decisions based on the candidate's resume, more so than the questions asked or answered in the interview itself. I use the interview to get an idea of the person's personality since their resume speaks for itself and to gauge their interpersonal skills.

I've been a manager at top biotech companies and have been here at Celgene in the Onc division and a rep with an impressive resume (top 10% in their last or current company) with interpersonal skills is what gets the job done!! I would take an impressive resume w interpersonal skills over a rep who interviews well and who answer questions well any day. And yes you have younger reps with impressive resumes out there. For this position, i would not hire anyone with more than 3-4 yrs of pharma experience. Anyone seasoned will have a greater chance of going elsewhere if that opporunity comes up as again, this is equivalent to a PCP in this market.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for clarifying the hiring of reps.
    This does a lot to clear up why many
    Of us did not get a call back. I for one
    Appreciate the heads up on why this
    Would not be a good fit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd have to agree with the poster 2 comments above. Too many reps know how to talk but can't WALK THE WALK!! Esp with experienced reps. I, too, hire based on what they can back up on their resume and documentation. In my opinion, the best newer reps to hire are those coming from a small pharmaceutical company. Why? Well, bc they work the territory themselves without the help of pod mates and if they can show proof of results, I'll move them forward in a heartbeat vs a rep coming from big pharma.

I never understood why DMs hire reps from big pharma especially during a launch!!!!! Reps from big pharma will NOT get the job done during a launching period. These reps are used to perform half ass and can't account for their individual work.

If the kid can prove they've got the numbers and awards, then they've got the job, hands down. I know many DMs who hire strictly based on who they find easier to work with esp here at Celgene; however, that won't make them or ME look good if they can't get scripts. For the Derm industry, personality helps as well. Derm offices are not like PC, IM or Onc offices. Yes, relationship over the yrs w these docs helps; however these experienced reps will only be paid half of what they would make at other companies in same industry. If experienced reps are willing to get hired much lower than industry standard, then sure go for it. But from what I know and have seen, a newer rep fits this position. And if these newer DMs that are smart and want momentum for their team, they would stay away from big pharma