Do you believe healthcare is a right?

Discussion in 'Healthcare Reform Discussions' started by anonymous, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does everyone have a right to reasonable healthcare? Or do you think it is more like any other good/service?

Antarpuneet Singh and wegas like this.

2. KingsCross

KingsCross new user

y

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, if it were a right It would not require imposition and basically involuntary servitude on the part of another person.

Food isn't a right. Shelter isn't a right. Healthcare
    Isn't a right. As a compassionate society we should strive to see that everyone gets reasonable healthcare, but we need to understand that that is not a right that people can demand Be fulfilled.It is charity and compassion

4. Rights and privileges get confusing. Relativism tends to push us toward whatever the current popular morality is selling. I lived in Canada for about seven years. Fortunately for me, I did not get deathly ill (when you are in your twenties,you are less likely to need catastrophic healthcare. So it was with me.) But my point is this(and, I have asserted it before): Big countries, with bigger populations; i.e. the United States, China, India---cannot fund and support large public healthcare programs. Those who try to do so find the costs unabsorbable.And then came 2008 and beyond...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just because you have asserted it, doesn't make it true. What are you basing your assertion on? If our people are not sicker per capita then volume should not make a huge difference (though volume can bring additional "friciton" costs).

The major countries that do provide healthcare for all have longer life expectancies than the US. Maybe lifestyle has a large influence, but their healthcare isn't killing them off.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, in many cases it is. Our problem is lifestyle. We do a much better job is dealing with acute healthcare crises than most anywhere else on the planet. Our problem is obesity, diet and lack of exercise.

Socialized healthcare is not the answer. Obamacare is not the answer. The free market is the answer. That and better lifestyle choices.

7. Antarpuneet Singh

Yes, i think we have rights to reasonable healthcare

8. evagrin

evagrin new user

Unfortunately, today there are lots of problems in healthcare system and I think the main of them is the lack of trust for the proper management of medical equipment. I have been looking for angio labs at affordable price for two weeks. So recently, along with my colleagues, I ordered angio lab from Japan at https://bimedis.com/search/search-items/angiography-cath-angio-labs for our hospital in Dallas. I think new medical equipment for hospitals shoud be ordered only at reliable services.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Healthcare cannot be a right. The problem with healthcare reforms both for democrats and republicans is that they are stuck with old solutions. Single payer is not the solution because it's way too expensive as seen in California and Vermont nor is the AHCA or, BCRA. I read a book recently that explains the problems of Obamacare and proffers some very interesting solutions. I think everyone should read it.

"On the Principles of Social Gravity" by Tobore Tobore
    https://www.amazon.com/Principles-Social-Gravity-Critical-Perspectives/dp/1622732863/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501847290&sr=8-1&keywords=principles+of+social+gravity

10. Infernode

Infernode new user

For me it's a yes :)