Do you double dip

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jun 22, 2018 at 1:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I double dipped for years. Worked here and as a dental rep. This assured no crossovers or accidental slip ups at offices. In dental you work 1099 and drive your own car. I would just see a few MDs, then catch a couple DDS. It wasn't hard at all. Dental isn't micromanaged like Pharma, you are pretty much your own boss.

The best part was at the beginning of my dental position I used to get a car allowance and expenses for 2 years. I was getting paid for my AZ company car and I would submit my receipts from lunches and other things and get reimbursed for what AZ was paying on the Corp card. I made a lot of money in those first 2 years. I still make good money but that was a great time.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yea. I do uber with my car. Great $$

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely!!! The best gigs are with any of the many companies out there that need 1099 reps. Very easy to separate any cross-over with taxes and W-2 identification when filing your 1040. Dental companies, Home Health sales, Disposable Device sales like C-Pap / Oxygen supplies, Tens Unit sales, just to name a few. It's the best way to speed you up to your retirement goals and if you're good at the 1099 role than you might even find yourself leaving the craziness here at AZ.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit!! Seen this post 5 years ago

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

c’mon, this is THE BEST PT job on the planet! Many if not all reps dbl dip. Don’t be naive.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easiest part time job around

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup, and I think my new manager knows. Expectations have been ratcheted up quite a bit from what we had with the old mgr. Rumor had it that he told someone that at least 2-3 of us wont see X-MAS w/ AZ.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been with the company better than 20 years. During the entire time I've owned a few businesses. I will not discuss what kind of businesses but they were easily managed during the day. If you are smart and find the right business it can be done. Obviously leave NO paperwork or any other signs in the car that you have these businesses. Another piece of advice. DO NOT TELL anyone I mean anyone in the company about your private work. It could come back and bite you big time. I've seen it happen. Play the game with AZ give them what you want and grow your own business. I hope this advice helps.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course! Direct sales even to some office staff. Making it work! Manager knows but can't do a thing about it! Has tried and HR says no problems as long as job is being done whatever that means. manager gives plenty of advance warning with ride along. Been great. Can't touch this.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're B.S.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on' ....do people really "Double Dip"?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of people have a side gig going on to make extra money. Not just sales people either. Me, I rent out stuff I don’t currently use and make over $10K a year from it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I own a storage locker business and and a coin operated laundry business. Both are in my territory and both managed during the day. I've been around quite a few years and understand AZ culture. Therefore I have not told anyone about my other business interests. I know of other reps in AZ and in other companies that have "side gigs" going. One rep with another company is a DJ and does very well at this another rep with another company sells real estate part time. One rep I know at AZ flips houses and makes a pile of dough. My advice...be creative and keep your business to yourself. As others have said, this is the best part time job in America.....use it wisely to build a business you own. Downsizing is a fact of life here in pharma and those of us that are prepared for it will prosper when we get the phone call.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy the company car when its time and then pimp it out on Turo.