DOCS SAY REPS MESSAGING IS REDUNDANT!

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This article describes what my idiotic ASM wants on every damn call! Show the patient profile for the millionth time, hit a few points in the tiresome vis aid, mention managed care and sample. This moron doesn't know a damn thing about pharma sales! This guy is a complete fool when it comes to what a real call is like! And the so-called upper management types wonder why sales on down! Let's have another redundant meeting, accomplish nothing, and watch sales drop! Where do they find these idiots?

http://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/docs-say-pharma-sales-rep-visits-redundant-reps-stick-to-tried-and-true-clinical-data-and

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

as long as we have chicken shit people in HQ, this will never change

they are too afraid to give reps meaningful information that will help doctors see value in our medications. The lack of reprints, clinical study summaries and just key things that can really bring conversation with a doctor is why docs for years have found reasons to close off the reps. Those in HQ limiting our budgets to drive access and making real sales calls with customers should be replaced. They continue to follow their big pharma heritage history and repeat past failures of the operating environment of today.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps bring no value to MDs beyond free lunches and samples.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true! What about our valuable patient profiles! How would they know what to prescribe without them , smarty pants! Wham! I own you!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes patient profiles are important but Im sure you would agree that every few minths or year we need NEW data to present to prescribers. We must bring them value or they wont want to see us. We have had NO NEW info for Northera since launch. Just NEW complications . Also so many factors out of our control once presciber writes script. We dont ger credit for script. We get credit once product is shipped. So many account managers leaving because they are not getting compensated for what they do. Prescribers writing less because most time patients cant get drug- plans push back and less grant support. Some patients must process paperwork every month to get drug! So come up with a NEW improved plan for Northera Lundbeck for reps and especially the patients!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just remember this about Northera before Lundbeck got it:

Chelsea mentioned just before launch:

Pricing has not yet been disclosed. “We’re going to start working on that immediately,” and make the amount public shortly before launch, Oliveto said. “We have released historical pricing, based on research that was done three or four years ago, [and] the market has been relatively stagnant.” Thus, the $30-per-day number established earlier is “appropriate to use as a sort of a ballpark” in the treatment of NOH, a chronic condition, he said.

Deutsche Bank analyst Alethia Young predicted Northera could sell as much as $550 million worldwide, with about $460 million of that in the U.S., assuming the company gets about 35 percent of the market at peak. In a research report, she speculated that “companies in neurology space could find a Chelsea partnership attractive and could offer an net-present-value-neutral deal.” Young set her target price at $8.

Two years ago, negative briefing documents appeared ahead of Northera’s FDA advisory committee meeting. Panelists ended up voting to recommend approval, but the agency responded with a complete response letter, wanting more trial data. (See BioWorld Today, Feb. 14, 2012, Feb. 24, 2012, and March 30, 2012.)

yes, Northera could have made Lundbeck 550 million worldwide.... 460 million of it in the USA.....

So rather than launch like onfi with retail access, real pharmacy and hospital stocking we turned this drug into a 3000 patient access drug that costs 120k a year for some people. In most cases when they get to a nursing home they are taken off for cost reasons.

Volume or price.... Lundbeck failed bigtime here. How many lives did you negatively affect with your programs and restrictions?

30 dollars or 300 dollars per day.... hmm... In a few months we will have 3 reps in a territory selling Northera. Somehow you think that's going to fix the issue. How about get some real marketing and real data that compels doctors to write. Home office is a morgue, quiet, do nothing, hear nothing, see nothing. No managed care info.... Is anyone holding anyone accountable in house? For a product to be the future and carry a division, if this was the NFL you are the equivalent of the Cleveland Browns.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No matter how you price it, this drug is a total dog. 3x per day dosing, same efficacy as generic midodrine, and treats a symptom (dizziness) that most HCPs don't give 2 shits about.

No one but a desperate Lundbeck would have paid more than a few hundred million for this asset.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had no idea it was such a dog. No wonder Neuro is falling apart.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

.....and remember that Chelsea got the approval early 2014, so we are halfway thru the lifecycle of Northera........we're dealing with the same issues 3 yrs later.....overpriced drug for a disease state we created, lack of efficacy data in our pivotal trial, no formulary procedure in place, awful distribution model and foundations that now are afraid to offset the $2000 copays.....i'll go to this fall POA meeting and laugh to myself as they just shuffle the deck with a "new" segmentation model that's supposed to clarify my targets that are going to write this overpriced "DUD"...... anybody left in the Home Office are jumping into new roles just trying to put a better job title on their resumes..... Lundbeck should've walked away from this drug in 2014 when it had the chance......keep sending updates on how great Xen and Sabril are doing........it makes me warm and fuzzy inside knowing that we don't get paid on them anymore.....things were good here years ago, but I guess every good thing has to come to an end.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The brand lead on this dog brings absolutely no value. Aside from the big show about how hard they are working and jockeying for a promotion, not sure what they really do.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Things were good here when we had Ovations orphan products that global HQ let us run.

Now we are just a contract sales force that soon will only have me too psych products to market for the next 10 years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I seriously doubt Lundbeck will look anything like it looks today in 10 years. Psych drugs will have lost their patents, and the market will be 99.99% generic. None of our "future" indications with Rex will make it, and managed care will tear psych all apart. Trin will have nothing new (hell, they can even get a sentence in the label changed!), and AM will be a non-factor. Onfi will be gone in a little over a year. Xenazine is shrinking like an ice cube in summer, and very soon, Sabril will do so as well. Northera will peak and then stabilize, and then tank, and since the pipeline is dead, where does that leave us?

All they know to do is to have meetings (co-regional meetings, for what reason?) and conference calls. Management knows this game can only be played for so long. Anyone with half-a-brain, 50 and younger, should be desperately looking to leave! I can you I am, and God willing, I will be gone by mid-September.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even those over 50 are looking to leave. Neuro AMs over 50 left recently and got jobs . They are valued for their proven sales track record of helping patients. Many have to work well into their 60s

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's embarrassing the way lundbeck let's takeda and otsuka walk all over them!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a house of cards. All Lundbeck knows how to do is make psych drugs in a highly generic market.

When Trin bombed the writing was on the wall for everyone not looking to cash out in the next 5 years. Idalo failing was just salt in the wound.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many are looking to make a change from Lundbeck. The company/management is totally disconnected from the salesforce. My ASM is typical. If he/she doesn't witness you doing what he/she wants on a field ride, then you must not ever do it other times! This person has no understanding of how this job is done. Kare, the Never Seen, has something up his sleeve for next year. As soon as Rex gets a CRL from the FDA for agitation or ptsd, or when Onfi loses it patent, things will start popping,

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes Kare will get more 50% off the stock options and cash in for about 5 million then tell you "your laid off"

meanwhile he should be the next CEO in front of congress for explaining why chelsea was going to sell northera for around 30 dollars a day.... when Lundbeck got their paws on it it went to 300 per day. Other than Kare who can afford this nonsense?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While it may personally benefit him, Kares turn around strategy was/is to be super stingy and cut as many expenses as possible. It's the only way for Lundbeck to survive given a non existent pipeline and weak psych products. He's totally comfortable with a 2000 employee company.

The problem is that we have failed to get anything new approved or new indications on Brex and Trin. Thus a lot of US reps are going to lose thier jobs unless we go out and buy something to sell.