Does anyone like it here?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like everyone one is actively looking. My manager keeps steadily preaching to me. I am certain he believes there is potential here with all the opportunities and greatness. Poor poor IN mgr. Has no idea what people say about him or what is about to happen to this sad company.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of my former Mgrs. kept preaching how great the company was, how bright the future was, and they left less than a month later...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just reviewed my last pay stub of the year- which gave me ample reminders of the positives of working at Avanir: above average compensation, an incredible 401k match and next year I will have five weeks of vacation. Coupled with products I enjoy selling, doctors who I like calling on and a manager who leaves me along- YES, I do like it here. Is it perfect? No. If you find the panacea in pharma, please let the rest of us know.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Manager who leaves me alone*

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma isn't perfect, but you need to stop chugging the koolaid. Tons of companies offer good vacation. Many pay well and bonus even more than Avanir. Yes the 401k is good, but it's only since Otsuka bought them and implemented their 401k plan. Once they dissolve the salesforce at Avanir unless you're vested at 5 years you'll lose 20% for every year under 5 of service. Avanir is the a company that fudges numbers hardcore to avoid paying a bonus, will not pay you a dime of bonus if you quit one day before receiving bonus (lacks integrity), and the managers tell everyone how great it is all while they are checked put themselves. You script enjoy selling their products? You mean Nuedexta which has been out 7+ years and has one indication the reps constantly sell in the gray area....or that dog of a drug Onzetra which has a step edit in a highly saturated market? The company is a joke. Go look at the openings. There is 6 open positions in NJ alone for sales. That's pathetic. Keep sipping young grasshopper.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep believing that, you are a special kind of stupid. If you think your manager will leave you alone after 2 quarters of no growth, and if you think this sales force will exist in 8 months, well, then, you are perfect for this place. The rest of us will continue to look and jump.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above poster. True. It isn't perfect, but it is a good job.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

great culture and realistic goals. Most secure I have ever felt in pharma

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somebody is already popping the bubbly for NYE.....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree with you

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So glad I got out. What a mess of a company and what a dead end job. Good luck to all those out there pushing that Nue and Onz up the hill qtr-over-qtr. I'm sure you are secure with these blockbuster drugs!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell by your angry response
    That you got laid off

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So jealous you got out. Please take me with you. #whatamess #offlabelsellingforgrowth #titanichadaband

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lambs to the slaughter, just wait.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many March Layoff Rumors floating around.

Will this layoff happen before the national sales meeting?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably. They don’t want to make the same mistake twice and spend all the money on travel for people who won’t be around long.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t think that just because they have a meeting scheduled, you’re safe, they made all the managers plan a last minute trip to Aliso and then called the ones they were laying off. No amount of cacellation fees are going to stop them, especially when they are looking at millions of dollars in settlements, fines and a very nasty Medicare fraud situation for what they did in LTC and the government don’t play stuff like. Otsuka is doing all they can to squeeze a few more dollars out of the organization before they have to pay all those penalties, you’re living on borrowed time.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the above poster. And there have been several more clues lately that a final lay off may be real, including comments from outside reputable sources, and also management. Onzetra missed its forecast miserably in 2017, and Nuedexta missed it also, the DOJ is coming down to the end, there will be massive fines and potential jail time, and we have no other indications or products in the near future. Avanir is a severe liability for Otsuka at this point. I think we ALL should heed these warnings and look elsewhere as quickly as possible.