Does Medtronic ever get back to job applicants?

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Dec 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronics will not consider you or even get back with you unless your resume and application emphasizes that you
    1. Have No Pharma Experience
    2. Were the starting all State Quarterback from the local University
    3. Student Body President in College
    4. Are under 25 years of age
    5. Look like James Bond in a European suit and spend several hours a day at the gym

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're ridiculous. Get a hobby and stop with the sour grapes posting.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I applied right when the job became available. My area rep told me they were going to be hiring. HR called to verify and the area manager contacted me. I had my interview almost 4 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything. My profile said it's under review. Is this normal? When should I hear something?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends. Regarding sales positions, Medtronic, for the most part, no longer uses external recruiters to aid in the hiring process. Furthermore, internal HR recruiters are tasked with supporting dozens of openings at the same time. This results in managers having to sort through resumes, conduct phone interviews, and schedule face to face interviews themselves, all while doing all of the other tasks on their plate and managing their current team of 10-20 direct reports.

Anyone who's ever applied for a job wants to hear something soon, it's natural and understandable. This is the reality though.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they get back with you when they want to hire you................ SMH!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The recruiting process is ridiculous for R&D middle management. First convo was in Oct. Still having phone screens now. Not sure it's even worth it to continue. My recruiter says 3 rounds of FTF in CT, MA, and CO, that is if I ever get that far.

Do they even want to fill director level gigs?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I applied for a job in Medtronic in November 2018. Its more than 3 months (Feb 2019) and still sitting "Under Review".
    Any comments?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic is on a hiring freeze for the foreseeable future. Happens all the time, having said that, even if they were not 3 months isn't that long considering what a big company they are. Don't hold your breath though.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know someone working at MDT? If you do not have someone being your champion, move on. If you are being considered, there would be on going communication with you. I have witnessed the process taking less than a couple of months if they really want you. You are really in (not necessarily pertaining only to MDT) if you are young and a cute female. This seems to apply to field from my experience.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest