Does Otsuka micromanage?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard they do. I am considering a position. Can anyone advise as to whether or not Otsuka micromanages worse than other pharma and what your thoughts are on this Company? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strong managers don't need to micromanage. So, it depends on the director to manager relationship and the manager to rep relationship. There is little for the managers to do and the directive to spend a minimum number of days in the field plus the compliance agreement of a minimum number of ride-along with each rep leaves district managers in a quandry if they don't have the talent to coach and learn a representative's skills...little else to do but micro-manage.

The company is in a turmoil. It has been for several years. Too many new people "in charge" with no one to carry out the mandates or even the simple processes that need to be accomplished. There is no framework in place for anything--IT, marketing, sales administration, sales activity. Look forward to scrutinizing your bonus every time to be sure it is calculated correctly. Paychecks come on time though.

The framework isn't in place for this to be a positive work environment for several years. Too much has changed with too few people to accomplish all the tasks that come with the change.

I know someone is going to react to my comments. Please view them for what they are--my opinion. Everybody has one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your intelligent comments. I've pretty much hear the same thing for one or two others. I think Otsuka used to be a great place to work. I did hear they micromanaged pretty bad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MB was fired from AZ not being a good person/manager. He is now applying his wonderful management style over here. The ABSOLUTE worst I have ever encountered

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a very unsettling place to work. No warm or fuzzy relationships for sure. Constant stress.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed they do micromanage. What do you expect from a bunch of BMS retreads? Very toxic environment.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

depends on the dsm and rsd. great boss and poor rsd. one old product. this is the nss. samples , budget, teleconf, 8 calls- are metrics
    dont know about hosp sales force

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not as bad since MCB went to Dey

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Before BMS came over--better place. Too many trackers, metrics, worthless programs, micromanaging bigtime. It's changed a lot the last few years and not for the best.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. Yes, your comments are spot on.

I do think they micromanage, and I do think they have far too many metrics and ways to track everything. Let us sell and stop with all the metrics.