Does Vivitrol work? This is a legitimate question

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vivitrol may work, and for those who feel it saves their lives, that's great, but for many who don't want to substitute one drug for another and continue to be a pawn for big pharma, ibogaine detox is a better solution. ibogaine detox is a way to end the drugs once and for all, many people find it almost impossible to get off of suboxine, or even vivitrol and thus ibogaine is worth researching, Crossroads ibogaine Treatment Center is a good start

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vivitrol does not work. I am drinking two times the amount as before.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely Not!!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello I had two years sober through AA. I relapse about four months ago and my life is going back down the drain. I enjoyed my time in sobriety and was really growing as a young man spiritual. I was forced to move for work and continued attenting AA meetings but was unable to sleep. After a few weeks of no sleep I couldn't work or function, so I called my doctor and he prescibed me Ambien. This didn't work and had me walking around like a Zombie, so he switched me to resiterol. This worked really well and I took it for about two months without even knowing it was a benzo. I stated having panic attacks and though I was loosing my mind. I didn't even know I was withdrawing from a benzo, which I had been addicted to among many other things in the past. I blame myself for not fully researching the medicine I was on, but MDs also need to have more knowledge of addiction and how we can't have anything mind/mood altering. Anyways I figured I had already relapsed at this point so called my doc and he prescribed Klonopin for panic attacks. I continued to go to AA meetings and told my sponsor about what was going on. He told me to do what the doc said. I took the med safely for about a month, but eventually I felt like I didn't neeed AA. The drug had become my solution to a spiritual malady. A week or so later I had taken to much Klonopin and was around some friends smoking pot( never bothered me before) but I just smoked it without even thinking. A week later( on Christmas Eve when I should have been with my family) I was looking for crack and had a gun put in my face and robbed. A few weeks later I got fired for being drunk at work. I am only 26 but addiction has controlled my life for over a decade, minus my two years 23-25 in AA. I have once again lost that choice over the first drink/drug. I have though about killing myself bc everyone was so proud of me and where I had come from. Maybe this is the gift of desperation they talk about in meetings, but it seems regardless of what happens I still want to drink/drug. I believe I will be dead soon if I can't stop this. I am out of control. I hope my story helps someone. I have always been the kind of person who wanted to help others, but I can't even take care of myself right now. I am considering getting this shot and advice would be greatly appreciated. Namaste-Alden

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post 141 is misinformed - Vivitrol is NOT addicting and they also misspelled Suboxone. If you don't have facts straight don't post.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To tell you the truth i noticed a huge difference in my thought patterns and cravins a hour or 2 after getting this medicine. It has completely changed my outlook on life. I clean.. do yard work open my mail. Call old friends and family members. And the thought of drinking or using opiods is minimum if not there at all. You have to want to be clean.your best bet is stay away from what triggers you and you will see a huge difference in your life.

7. Kissa

Kissa Guest

I've been taking the vivitrol shot for three months. I tested the waters and had a few drinks and felt nothing but ill the next day. Worse than any hangover I've ever had. The cravings are slim to none. The taste of alcohol is disgusting. And I love a glass of wine, but its very hard to swallow now.

8. Randy

Randy Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was getting vivitrol injections monthly for about 5 months when I decided to drink. I was shocked that I felt the effects immediately after one drink and I continued drinking til I was drunk, just as before I was getting the shot. I did drink on a few different occasions and had the same result of getting wasted. I'm not sure why the shot didn't work. I've heard that for larger people it may not be as effective but I'm a female about 5'1" and 110 pounds.