Don't take the job!!

Discussion in 'Chelsea Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes! Flown out for the interview and gained a completely different perspective than I wanted to. The entire experience was horrible and I am turning the job down. This will be the biggest 2-bit primary care job out there and won't succeed. I did my due diligence asking the right questions......and there were no good answers! Having an orphan drug is tough enough, but other alarming issues came up like the spending budgets for in-services.....way way too low. You won't get in most offices without a lunch or breakfast and worst yet, reimbursement will be horrible. If you can deal with what you are doing for now, do yourself a favor and stay until something better comes along. Way too many red flags.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enlighten us some more if you don't mind: 1- what is your background that this is worse (big pharma, small biotech, years experience), 2-
    Why else is this so bad (micro-mngt feel, stability issues, etc), 2- what exactly did they tell you regarding budgets, bonus, perks etc?

Reason I ask is that w/ small specialty company's now, even biopharma, small sales forces although specialty still call on large PC offices (even Amgen). Of course w/ orphan drug coverage is going to be difficult at times, but that's why they are hiring people that can supposedly handle that environment. As long as they are willing to pay us (Salary, Bonuses, etc) for this then why is it so bad? This isn't pfizer or GSK, thankfully, nor should it be!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FABULOUS! Then step aside.....by the way...you said you are "turning the job down", there have been NO offers made, and you were NOT the only one interviewing for the territory - what makes you so sure that you are getting an offer?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They already told me I was their first pick and I know 5 other people that were interviewing for other territories. One of my friends is their primary pick as well. Why get so sarcastic? You are free to take the job if you want to....I gave you my opinion and that's that and nothing was said to trick anyone or for spite. I am with a small biotech company now and have been with big pharma as well. They both have their pros and cons. I suggest that everyone start asking their physicians about this disease state and their opinions. I have had 16 years experience in the industry and there were a lot of red flags that didn't feel right. In terms of budget, you will have about 15k-20k for in-services. It might seem like enough for some, but it really isn't for an entire year. This will be a micromanaged environment regardless what they say because so much is riding on this and call reporting will be strongly looked at. You also bring up a good point above...an orphan drug and securing PC access will be extremely difficult....so many clinicians don't see this disease state at all. As stated earlier, reimbursement is going to be a nightmare and with a brand new reimbursement director in the company that is just getting started. I am sorry, but upper management seemed pretty clueless to me and it just didn't feel right. My sincere advice to anyone would be that if you don't feel 100% about taking the job, then don't. Go with your gut. Every new job is a risk, but this one not only is a big gamble, but they also just don't have their act together in my opinion. Also, I will tell ou that the group of people that I know that have interviewed have all decided not to proceed. But, if you decide that this is the job for you, go for it! By the way, Runzheimer sucks. If you have a fleet car with your company now, you will miss it dearly. Regardless what they tell you, you will not even break even and will take a loss on your car with mileage and wear and tear. The cardiologists I spoke to were not very impressed with the product efficacy and didn't like the safety data and at 40 bucks a day....that wil be a huge issue.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way, cool it with the histrionics. If you are are trying to convince yourself that this is a great opportunity and the perfect job for you, it isn't working. I gave you my opinion and that is that...now that is...FABULOUS!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are "histrionics"?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you inservice an account for a pill? " Ok, get the pill, put it in your mouth and swallow." You idiot caterers make me laugh.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would do a better job? You've got nerve. I hope you end up getting the job for your territory....I truly do. Please just look back at this message in about 6 months and then we will see how you feel. Look, I am entitled to my opinion...I checked out the opportunity and decided it wasn't a good one for me. Don't worry, I am calling to decline. I don't appreciate your insult just because you didn't like what I had to say. You sound very immature.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand people's desperation to work here. I appreciate all of the insights from the above poster and others. It was their opinion and you have the choice to listen or ignore.

They bring up valid points and I feel the same way. I too will be passing on the job and will let them know so they can offer it to someone else. For a lot of the same reasons amongst a few others.

My question is: Are there that many unemployed people considering Chelsea, that this board has been nuts and full of idiots? The unprofessionalism has been crazy. I get that its cafe pharma but don't you guys have better things to do with your time.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the posts on here seem to be from whining people who were not advanced in the process or people who find themselves compelled to take a great deal of time and effort to post about a job they are going to pass on.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They haven't even had the panel interviews yet, they start next week! So move on with all the bogus comments!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone at the hiring even in Philadelphia on the day I was there is currently employed...I don't think any of them are desparate just interested in what could be a great opportunity.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tough decision, but decided to step away from opportunity. My friend is one of the local directors at Humana....reimbursement will not be good and I don't need that headache on top of all the other challenges. I am not trying to put the company down....just not right for me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Without managed care coverage, this launch will be a freakin nightmare. There are generic drugs out there that work for hypotension be it orthostatic, syncope or neurogenic. Most, if not all of the managers from what I have seen, were downsized by their respective big pharma companies. Micro management will be very prevalent. If you are unemployed and really need a job at this point, then accept the offer. If you are in a fairly stable position, stay where you are. If Humana won't cover this product on at least tier 2, it will be screwed. Many of the patients for this type of drug are medicare. Think about it long and hard before you jump ship. There won't be any excuses for a failed launch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree