Dova Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Although I do wish them the best and I feel the product has a great deal of potential, I wasn’t impressed unfortunately....little to zero rare disease background with the management team, primary care territories, calling it a Sr. position then conducting generic bland interviews with little eye contact and zero enthusiasm, some even checking their phones in plain view, (verrrry professional) rambling answers as too why they joined the organization (again no eye contact after asking the question) Always a humorous moment when you realize you know more about this environment than they do! My view is that they think they can wing it with the stereotypical pharma approach with the initial launch and shift right into classic pharma as the indications transition into larger patient populations...organizations like this need to understand we are interviewing them just as much as they as interviewing us....Curious as to your experience here?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And yes, I was offered a position!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's a shame because the product really does sound great but if that's the kind of leadership they're hiring they are truly missing out on the potential there. Too bad.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. My interviewer typed into the computer like a robot. They hired a big pharma team that only knows one thing. Big pharma selling. I'll pass.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the general lack of enthusiasm during the entire hiring process, let alone the actual interviews was alarming! It was incredibly odd how not once did anyone sell me on why I would want to join the organization!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What was interview like? STAR questions (big pharma) or general overview? Was it a panel?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ranged from general theme, with zero response or acknowledgement (or more importantly, relating to the examples) STAR format at times from a disjointed panel...here it is though, a New start up, new product etc and it was treated as the “check the box” session.....Sad

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank You! I have my first f2f tomorrow and not sure what to expect (no information given). Appreciate the heads up, I’m disappointed already. Did you get an offer?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

don’t be disappointed, just realize that if you have even 20% of the background listed in the job description that’s still 10% more than the other side of the table....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS drones that did nothing in hepatitis but found a new place. Very unimpressed
    Best of luck and hope the leadership doesn't lie down defeated like their hepatitis days.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anybody know how many people they flew out to interview for an individual territory?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Home office here. Sorry you didn’t get the job!

We’ve had our candidates selected for months now but brought in people to get intel on rare diseases Thank you! And best of luck to you!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14 year rare disease vet here. Contacted a few weeks ago via LinkedIn from an RD wanting to speak with me. OK fine. I agreed. Come to find out, the RD's experience is...wait for it...12 years at BMS.

No thanks, buddy. Move along.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry you didn't get the job! Now go away! Dova is the place to be!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn’t interview, moron.

Dova isn’t rare disease, by the way. Especially with the poverty comp package they have.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’ve had candidates for months, why was the job just listed just ONE WEEK prior your post date? So the listings are just for show since your saying candidates were in place “months ago?” Please answer truthfully. Hmmm???
    Also who is the third party recruiter ???

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have a guess of how many candidates were considered for each territory?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe at this point all offers have been made. I know many people have turned positions down based on comp package. 2% 401k match that’s vested in three years and minimal stock options. Feels like a company that wants to get bought fast since they’re not investing heavily into saleforce.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The national director came from BMS and was despised. He also took his butt kissers with him to me managers at this startup. You made a wise decision.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea on the salary range / bonus plan is/was?