Dova Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good advice. Still - this gig is necessity only. If you have the luxury of waiting and looking around do it. This is a last resort gig.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just pop by to say hi to everyone. Joined DOVA this year, my slogan is "no slouch in bio"

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So long suckers! If you don't get fired or laid off first, turn off the lights when you leave!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Careful! That recruiter sounds like a pathological liar (it seems to be a job requirement)

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like the kind of stupid ass kool aid drinker who will do great here! ....for a few more weeks that is until everyone gets canned. good move!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see some openings with Dova. Expansion ??

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. Sure.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There has not been an expansion. Many reps have left in the last six weeks leaving several openings across the country. Most were not even at the company for a year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that sounds ominous. Thank you !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for all the bitterness and hate! Already did extensive homework before moving here. I also talked to some doc friends regarding Doptelet. They told me there would be hard works in the beginning due to current indication in CLD being relatively small and usually an one time event before procedure and then docs dont care about platelets any more. And yes, another disadvantage is they are not used to the schedule before procedure. However, they all agree a clean label expansion in chronic ITP (well defined market & long term) and CIT (chemo course takes a while so you need months of platelet enhancement) would be game changer. Given my relatives having to reduce chemo due to low platelet count and paused due to complications (too many platelet tranfusions), I feel the needs of an alternative option here on a personal level. And the doctors I talked with all think avatrombopag data on CIT would be positive.

As I said earlier "no slouch in bio"

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize you could be long gone before CIT right?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re such a smart person. Tell me what happens after the ITP approval and another company swoops in to buy Dova?

Your research I’m sure helped you gain the understanding of the new severance plan recently rolled out in conjunction with the SECOND background check performed just a month ago, so your due diligence is quite impressive!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is nothing being done for ITP?? The launch is right around the corner and the meeting next week is just to role play a new sales aid for liver!!?? Everything points to them selling off the ITP and CIT indications (or the entire company)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could it be they know ITP is doomed with one questionable study?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I asked 2 KOLs regarding DOVA's chance of approval in chronic ITP and was told it is quite likely that its application would get approved. They said it is not like DOVA does something impressively new, novel here: this only is a sNDA seeking for an expanded indication where TRA has been widely used and has been in protocol for years now.

Now, reading all the new comments regarding a possible sale after ITP, it reminds me of another post much earlier from another person who told to be one of the victims in last massacre.

Seems to me there have been lots of alarming signals that a sale might be ongoing:
    1. Management re-shuffle: new CEO and management who is known as being seasonal, temporary before change of control. Very detail regarding restrictive covenants
    2. Mass lay offs
    3. New severance, retention plan being rolled out, employment agreement with regards to change of control
    4. Second background check and confidential assignment
    5. Lawyer was directed to answer "sensitive" questions
    6. Top guys heavy purchase, especially P Manning with pattern lookalike a rule 10b5-1 trading plan (including written formula or algorithm, or computer program, for determining the amounts, prices, and trade dates) has been applied - almost always 2-3 days after news sell-offs and always seems to have a specific buying pattern)
    7. CEO reluctantly and avoids replying directly to analysts in conference regarding future after CIT (maybe it has been sold already)

1,2,3,4 is to avoid unwanted cost, WARN and ensuring covenants to restrict ability to incur new liabilities prior to closing deal. Those preparations also help to sort out the appropriate employees they wish to retain and quickly integrate into new organization.
    5, 6, 7 to avoid legal liability and risk being challenged by activists.

Anyway, that is only my educated guess. Would be very much appreciated if someone with knowledge could give me more education on the area.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me again.. Also this explains why some employees leaving recently - they should be offered and waited to be offered with retention agreement though they still decided to leave in presence of uncertainty. That is why I remember another post mentioning
    Maybe the top guys already predicted some more employee leaving in future (normal in such uncertainty period if the retention plan fails to impress) despite last business-under-microscope lay-offs of "people have the lowest sales" or "people mostly on administrative tasks"...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lord, this company sounds like a big fat mess.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, you guys think there are signs within the company that a buyout is ongoing? Interesting, as there has been zero insider sell and several big purchase mostly at quite high price tag vs current share price.

Most micro - small cap pharms suck/struggle at selling. To me, they are merely R&D outsourcer for bigger pharms. The top goal is buyout, very rare could evolve to another Amgen, Alexion..

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OR maybe you are just someone trying to drive stock price up to make a quick buck?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK. Conspiracy, fair enough. I do have conflict of interest. I am a small investor jumping in after Paul Manning purchase, completely blind with what is currently happening at the company but would love to know. Let's help each other out - I share what I know and you share what you know. We all are adults capable of thinking and judging for our own selves here. I am pretty sure if I wish, by contributing an article on Seekingalpha would be much better place to drive stock price up than on here.

If possible, I would be very appreciated if anyone could please provide a more constructive discussion? Thanks..