Dovato Sales: Lynne Baxter says it's awesome

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 8, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There actually is a benefit to not having a tenofovir or abacavir background. There is data that shows that TAF only shows a benefit compared to TDF if there is a boosted regimen used. Ideally once switch data is announced and added to the label then that will be the reason for switching from Biktarvy.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is little chance we get Biktarvy switches. If that’s the pocket of business you target, good luck. Most likely is Triumeq, followed by older regimines.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh you......you are good.... so good. Maybe you could go detail prescribers when Dovato sales numbers are lower than AZT and D4T combined. The science behind your statements may be dubious, but your confidence is remarkable. It is the derring do of people like you that has made Viiv the number one company in the world. Our products are ingenious, innovative and groundbreaking. Somehow sales are flagging, it is almost like people just don't see the truth.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its official, Dovato is a dog like Juluca. Cab has about as much chance as a snowball in hell with this company’s backing.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or maybe it’s because I’m not saying that Dovato will do well as a switch option from Biktarvy. If you read what I wrote, i said HOPEFULLY once the switch data is in the label (which would be 2020) then Dovato becomes an option for switching. That would also be when there is long term data available.
    If you actually looked up the data that Zolopa mentioned in the national broadcast then you would see what he was saying about the benefits of TDF vs TAF being seen when used with a booster. Here’s the link that I pulled from google...
    https://www.poz.com/article/gileads-entire-hiv-enterprise-built-false-promise

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any word on Dovato Sales? I wonder if there is finally any enthusiasm among prescribes to try a 2DR over a currently efficacious 3DR. The 2Q sales data should be very interesting unless they explain it away with "waiting for broad based insurance coverage"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dovato is huge, biggest launch at GSK since Juluca!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! TAMs told one thing by Fink. Next day find out she completely lied! ViiV is no longer ViiV. It happened quickly didn't it? Less than a year and we are now GSK.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ViiV Healthcare had it all. Great mission, great products and great culture. Still has a great mission and still has great products. What it doesn't have is a great culture or great leadership. Never in my 22 years have I seen such an inept group of managers. The latest decision only amplifies their ineptitude. It's really too bad. People like Baxter and Fink don't even realize what harm they are doing to the company and to their people. Waterhouse, can you save this organization before it's too late? Or was this your harebrained idea? I guess when you have a golden parachute you can be reckless with the decisions you make. What a shame what a shame!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The division is too profitable. But I'm praying that they sell us off just like they did with consumer. Like I said, we are too profitable but I'm praying.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY! When will America wake up to being bilked by the pharma industry? It in not a market it is criminal syndicate. Show me any other major industry that can raise prices so willy-nilly. They talk about revenue but what about units and stability of unit price? Time to blow the roof off this craziness.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ViiV never had it all; it was the residue of Pfizer/Agouron and Glaxo (pre W & SK). It had a glimmer of hope but old timers in upper levels couldn’t cut it and it became obvious it would never take over Gilead. It may be profitable but not because of demand for unit sales but because of unbridled price increases and snookering government into believing any incremental benefit in public health is worth any price increase.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kinda sorta right. Very few if any industry has the massive amount of capital investment required to get a product to market. Even when a product does get to market, it faces rebates, adverse events, law suits from unscrupulous lawyers...and patients. All the while, the medications that have been developed to date help manage CV disease, respiratory, CNS disorders, and even HIV. I could go on and on with the medical breakthroughs we take for granted. Most people in this country actually pay very little for the majority of the meds they take. We focus on the minority and that's ok. Just take a look at the whole picture.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true, and those paying very little for life saving products still bitch. It’s crazy...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Healthcare for all is not a dream. Just look at other countries like France, Canada England. What people don't want to look at are the taxes those countries have on their people. Totally fine. But please, let's not pretend like they are receiving medical care free.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coming from GSK in-house analysis, 2 months in Dovato is selling at less than 1/4 of where Biktarvy was. In addition, the Dovato prescriptions are being offset by Triumeq and Tivicay prescription losses which total more than the Dovato gains. Very troubling launch......

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dovato will be fine. You are correct, it will not top Bik. But it will be a major revenue driver for the organization moving forward. 2DR will be enhanced with inj coming soon. Again, we will not be the "leader" in the marketplace but we will continue to generate billions in profits and help many many patients for years to come.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with this. It’s just hard to wrap my head around the fact we are now a niche company with niche products. Back in the day it was Gilead and ViiV, and then everyone else competing in the HIV space. We are now the everyone else.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think about what the reasons for this are? A CEO who came from big pharma. Which lead to her brining in others from big pharma. Which has lead to a big pharma culture. Which is leading to big pharma results. I am amazed as well. ViiV was the model and envy if GSK. Then we brought on Waterhouse. Slowly but predictably we have seen the results of this. She will leave in short order. However, upon doing so, embellish her accolades on how she "built the HIV business". When in fact, she helped to dismantle it. Typical corporate leader turning BS into caviar. ViiV will do well, just not as well as GSK needs it to. We will begin to experience unrealistic expectations and pressures because our leaders are unable to lead.