DR. DAVID PERLMUTTER VIOLATING XYMOGEN POLICY PROHIBITING INTERNET SALES!

Discussion in 'Xymogen' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of hypocrites! Look at this:

www.thefourwinds.com/letters/Masters_2011/PUYB_CA_10_11.doc

David Perlmutter, M.D., Chairman of the Medical Board of Advisors & Chief Neuroscience Officer at XYMOGEN is violating the company's own Policy Prohibiting Internet Sales!

Any other practitioner would have their account suspended or terminated! Why is he better than anyone else?

XYMOGEN really is a rogue outfit, isn't it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like there are two sets of rules at Xymogen.

There's one for the insiders at the company and a different one for the practitioners who've built their business.

I know a doctor who nearly had their account terminated by Xymogen for this identical thing!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you freaking dumb! Every Xymogen practioner has the ability to send there paitents to the Xymogen Estore to purchase products as long as the paitents have the code that there doctor gave them. It explains it directly on the Xymogen home site. Wow I guess a real rogue outfit huh.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not dumb, but you must be illiterate.

Posting that code on the open Internet is a clear violation of Xymogen's published No Internet Sales Policy. Anyone else would have had their account suspended, but not a "Friend of Brian!" A "Friend of Brian" can get away with anything.

Please learn to read and spell before demonstrating your ignorance again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David Perlmutter is listed at Dun & Bradstreet as being the chairman of Atlantic Pro-Nutrients, Inc.

This is the CHAIRMAN OF THE COMPANY undercutting his own customers!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I found this and posted it, I was sure Dr. Perlmutter and Xymogen would be mortified and would race to remove it.

But, a week later, Dr. David Perlmutter, Xymogen Chairman of the Board, is still violating the company's No Internet Sales Policy and undercutting his own customers, with Xymogen's blessing!

IN YOUR FACE, practitioners who use Xymogen products in your practices! Keep drinking the Xymogen Kool-Aid!

Representatives of competing manufacturers should print this document and give it to doctors who use Xymogen products.

This is a case for the business school textbooks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please note that the entire XYMOGEN product line is not available to the general public through this program. ONLY the specific products mentioned in Dr. Perlmutter's book have been made available via an exclusive agreement with XYMOGEN and Perlmutter that was made at the time iNutritionals was acquired.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clicking on the link provided in the first post originally downloaded a 7-page document that featured Dr. Perlmutter's "Code #" and "Practitioner Last Name" on page 6. In the open. In violation of Xymogen's No Internet Sales Policy.

Apparently, someone at Xymogen was indeed embarrassed by the good doctor's actions, because now the link downloads a 4-page document, plus a blank page. The "Code #" and "Practitioner Last Name" have been removed. The altered document now complies with Xymogen's No Internet Sales Policy.

However, I used the "Code #" and "Practitioner Last Name" from the original document just now to open a new patient account at the Xymogen eStore and now have access to all 230 products in the Xymogen catalog!

Either you came to the party late and didn't see the original document, or your post was an effort at damage control. Either way, it took Xymogen and Dr. Perlmutter nearly a month for him to stop violating the No Internet Sales Policy at his own company. Anyone else who violates this policy suffers the revocation of their account.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Internet sales providing "kickback" to the doctor violates the Stark Amendment. All doctors taking advantage of this program are in violation of federal law.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, for doctors who are caught, the onus is on them, not the vitamin company who profits tremendously. I wonder if Xymogen and all the others who provide this "service" will pay fines and penalties for doctors who are called to the table.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ironman?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just, for the record, the Stark Amendment, nor the Anti Kickback Regulation doesn't apply here. Now, I'm not going to get all nasty about it and tell you to know your law before you hand down your guilty sentence to people. You can read the fine print in Stark and AKR to know that it isn't applicable to this situation. But I love your tenacity and the way you spend your free time trying to get Dr. Perlmutter's product online.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen a legal opinion on Stark, very specifically as it applies to online sales, advising doctors not to participate with companies that offer this service. There may also be issues with HIPAA. This has nothing personal to do with Dr. Perlmutter, it has to do with the way companies conduct business to increase sales. There are many laws on the books regarding dietary supplements that are not enforced, but that is starting to change as the FDA steps up inspections for gmp compliance. When they enter a facility, they can do whatever they wish and some companies, even with NPA cert, have been threatened with shutdown. The Wild Wild West is finally history for the dietary supplement industry and it will finally become a legitimate industry.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is great, typical xymogen. The truth finally comes out!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! All these serious issues coming from a company comprised of long time industry insiders? Can any of you read? So, this is how you grow a company - simply don't follow the rules. Gmps were established over 4 years ago and you didn't know? Wait until your new manufacturing facility is inspected. Good luck with that!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in the FDA warning letter, there was NOTHING implied regarding the safety or efficacy of the products, it was simply that the company grew too fast, and the SOP's and record keeping could not catch up. going from a $5m-$40m company over just a few years and a staff of 30-130 there were bound to be inconsistencies in SOP's, which are now being addressed and corrected before the new facility opens.

17. Pharma Guy

Pharma Guy Guest

The FDA stated the company did not have sufficient quality control in place to verify whether the supplements were safe and efficacious. The letter also stated the company were inadvertently making drug claims, hence effiacy beyond what is appropriate for dietary supplements. The company will assuredly correct these problem areas that the FDA noted were significant.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey officer, what do you mean it is illegal do drive 120 in a school zone? How long has that rule been in place? What! Are you really going to write me a ticket?!

GMPs have been on the books for 4 years, rules regarding structure function claims have been in place since the 90s.

Hmmmm . . . It probably is very easy to grow from 5 million to 40 million when you essentially cheat. I wonder how easy it would be to grow if you didn't violate FDA/FTC regulations regarding labeling and literature? You might think there would be room on your payroll to pay for a compliance officer. The new gmps will be the great equalizer and there will be an end to all these whack-a-mole private label vitamin companies selling the same products with different labels. Very few companies will pass gmp inspection and most will find it too expensive to comply

BTW, all you xymo competitors: your turn is coming.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UltraMeal 360 Medical Food Offers No Changes in any parameter of metabolic Syndrome

As an integrative physician I would normally not get on these chat boards but after my overweight and unknowledgeable Metagenics representative came into my office attempting to use a FDA letter to win over my business by implying that my XYMOGEN formulas are of terrible quality. This offended me for several reasons. The first being that I have been a long time customer of Brian Blackburn's, and for years had purchased Metagnics formulations from Atlantic Pro Nutrients long before he started XYMOGEN's. I understand that he has stored, and fulfilled both Metagnics formulations and now XYMOGEN formulations in the same wearhouse, under the same conditions for more than 20 years. Now my heavy set Metagenics rep is trying to tell me that the conditions upon which Mr. Blackburn stored Metagenics and now XYMOGEN formulas is inadequate? Why did Metagenics let Mr. Blackburn sell more than $6 million dollars of Metagenics per yea if his facility was not adequate? Clearly the argument is flowed and FDA's inspection and subsequent letter seeking a better paper trail of is more than justifiable.

With that said, the reason why I'm using more XYMOGEN instead of Metagenics is because I am increasingly disenchanted with Metagenic's corporate philosophy and research outcomes. I am also disappointed to see professional representatives spending so much time online these boards trashing XYMOGEN, especially because I have scene impressive results in my clinical practice using their formulations.

Most startling to me though, is that professionals use the word "cheat". I feel compelled to disclose what I feel to be even more unethical than cheating, and that is publishing a multi-center trail on a comparing the outcome of diet therapy alone VS UltraMeal 360- a Soy protein drink sweetened with Fructose. My Metagnics rep. wanted me to read this 2011 paper by Jones et al in J. Clinical Lipidology as he was sure that UltraMeal 360 cures metabolic syndrome.

Wile the abstract of this article is convincing, I read the whole paper and was shocked to find the of all Metabolic Syndrome variables listed in Table. 3 (page 6), there were NO STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN ANY PARAMETER OF THE METABOLIC SYNDROME OVER DIET ALONE. I read and re-read the paper to be sure. To my surprise, I was right. After 12 weeks of UltraMeal 360- which would cost my patient's nearly 100 dollars per month-there are NO differences between the UltraMeal 360 Medical Food Arm and Control Arm (diet alone).

What am I supposed to tell my patients? "Miss Smith, I really think you should take UltraMeal 360 for 12 weeks because as Table. 3 shows, when compared to just diet along, you can expect to loose no extra body weight, no additional reduction in triglycerides, no better changes in fasting glucose, limited reduction in blood pressure and NO changes in Waist circumference." I would loose patients and dramatically hurt my professional reputation if others knew that I was charging $100/month for UltraMeal 360 even though published data indicates if offers NO advantages to diet therapy alone.

Click here and read for yourself- http://www.congresodelnoroeste.uson.mx/curso_maluzfernandez/jones-JN5.pdf
    Page 17 of draft PDF from above. Clearly Table. 3 lists all WHO and NCEP/ATP III parameters of metabolic syndrome and there is not changes over diet alone. That is to say, a multi-center trial shows that UltraMeal 360 offers no benifits over diet alone for any of the World Health Organization (WHO) parameters of Metabolic Syndrome.

Cheating in my eye is my Metagenics rep, his manager and Jeff Bland having the audacity to go around to private practice physicians and tell them that UltraMeal 360- a Soy-Fructose drink- cures metabolic syndrome? This is cheating. By the way, why is Jeff Bland not listed as an author on this study by Jones et al?

So who is cheating who? Metagenics is cheating doctors and their patients by clumping parameters that are NOT components of the Metabolic Syndrome such as Apolipoprotein B(ApoB), total cholesterol and LDL- and saying that they are components of Metabolic Syndrome because they are the only parameters significantly changed after 12 weeks of UltraMeal 360 VS diet alone. Atherogenic markers, yes, but ApoB, TC and LDL ARE NOT part of the WHO and NCEP/ATP III guidelines as a parameter of Metabolic Syndrome and as a functional clinician, I'm not looking above and beyond ApoB and total cholesterol as they don't offer clinical insight into how to treat the oxidation and vascular inflammation.

So who again, who is cheating who? Widespread marketing and decimation of research marketing UltraMeal 360 as a "medical food for metabolic syndrome" when the 12 week multi-center trial clearly shows that it offers no benefits over diet alone is cheating the entire industry. I could have been the victim of this cheating, as would my patient(s) for had I not read the actual study. XYMOGEN launching science based innovative formulas is only helping my patients get better, faster.

See for yourself......

http://www.congresodelnoroeste.uson.mx/curso_maluzfernandez/jones-JN5.pdf

Reference:
    Jones JL, et al. A Mediterranean-style low-glycemic-load diet improves variables of metabolic syndrome in women, and addition of a phytochemical-rich medical food enhances benefits on lipoprotein metabolism. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 2011 (article in press)