Dr. May I waste 15 minutes of your time?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You see I have my manager outside and I need to go over the same shit that we have talked about for the last three years so that he can observe and give me a good rating. You know, we do this every other week. My bonus depends upon it. I know you have a lot of sick patients waiting to see you but hell, they can wait!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lmao! I can’t help but laugh. I really don’t mind managers doing their job, but I hate the charade of these ride alongs as well the fake culture amongst leadership. Let’s talk reality and strategize smart business moves rather than perform a dog and pony show.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ride along thing is so old school and so stuck in the past. If the FLL’s are so great why don’t they observe and help us figure how to move tough customers if they are such experts. They are lucky we can even find docs who want to put up with them in their offices. Most reps st Gsk have much more experience than their leaders. We don’t need the coaching crap just a better organization to optimize sales. If they would listen to us in the field versus marketing idiots they might learn a thing or two. Meanwhile all I see is a disaster happening in the field. Infighting between teams and as a result AZ winning

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They’re all stuck in the fake charade. Justifying their jobs to their cheerleader FVPs. GSK FLLs do not have a shot anywhere outside of GSK pharma. No respect for the horse and pony lie charade elsewhere. All faking it so they make it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about you work a full day and actually care about your job instead of seeing how many calls you can make between 10-2. FLL’s either have great Reps who actually care or Reps that have no self respect and steal from the company everyday by working 4 hours. If all Reps worked full days then maybe we wouldn’t need FLL’s. Stop complaining about what’s so bad and start being thankful that a company continues to pay large amounts of money to some people who don’t earn or appreciate it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it was so bad here, that the manager had us sign a form saying we would work from 8:30 to 5:00

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha, PLEASE, you must give us some kind of hint where you are located without giving yourself totally away ie. New England, Northwest coast, etc....?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t have to sign. This issue was taken all the way to the Supreme Court (google it) for overtime pay and court outcome was that Gsk employees are exempt. Ie Thry are not hourly employees and hours can’t be required. Call the integrity hotline on your manager.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but so true!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow what a load of horse sh*t. And snowflakes don't complain about the language.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uneducated individuals have to use profanity to express themselves. They grasp for the correct words and are unable to find them, so there is always profanity available for this type person . The reps goofing off and laughing, may want to review the papers they signed when hired. " Fraud " is a legal term they may want to look up. It has been used before.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey troll. Go check the Supreme Court records. We are exempt not hourly employees. If Gsk wants to dictate our hours they will have to pay overtime. Most of us spend more than 40 hours per week doing this job and many of us have territories that are huge thanks to the last poorly executed reorganization. So crawl up under your cubicle while we are out selling not working in a factory.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The conversation continues:
    “ and Dr., can you please pretend like this is all new valuable information, And please do not mention that Joani was here yesterday with her manager in the morning and I know Sherry was here with her manager in the afternoon. Management thinks that we are actually able to space these visits so we do not overlap. But there is only a handful of offices that allow us to drop in with our managers and we really appreciate you being one. I promise that for our next lunch we will be able to order from Red Lobster as a reward!”

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you were good at your job and did not have a factory worker mentality you would realize that there are some days you work much longer than usual and others you shorten in order to do all the busy work that corporate burdens you with since they have to prove they are doing their job. Bottom line we work longer hours than the corporate sluts which I think you are. Time is needed to look at data and plan strategies. Where are your numbers Mr Hotshot?... Probably you just follow orders and go to the marketing designated ABC targets. Some of us have increasing numbers because we strategize and don’t burn ourselves out when we have hours to drive in our territories. People like you make me sick.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, we are closed!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who works more than 4 hours a day at this job anymore? Have you taken a look at any of the other company threads? There are all declaring the same theme through out the industry! It's not a sales job anymore, it hasn't been one in 15-20 years it's more of a customer service position labeled wrong by the Industry. There is nothing to strategize or analyze that's just management justifying their positions creating busy work. There are so many NO access offices anymore because the Industry in their infinite wisdom has made district managers push representatives to "Sell" something on every call when the same information is 3 years old! Reps tripping over reps, managers commanding / demanding to see MDs every other week or the Rep gets a bad trip report. Number!?? Seriously, if you are in a territory w/ a high medicare population you do well, If your drug is preferred, you do well. Reps are at the mercy of managed care and access. If you actually believe that working +40 hours a week staring at your MD list and strategizing is moving your numbers I have some great swamp land in Florida for you to buy. Get a clue what this job has become a well paid customer service representative that doubles as a caterer to over fed barely appreciative office staff.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love that years ago Id would work from 10:30 to about 1:00 Tues, Wed and Thurs. that’s it! Did it for years, Diamond too many times. Then on my way out I turned GSK into the Feds, well let’s just say I got a nice bonus off of Advair for mild asthma! The company I guess learned how to Write Right. Now for a living I just figure out what to do for fun. Watching this place sink to nothing is pretty fun. Well off to the bank.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post is the most honest yet. Between the no see offices, wave and sign, lunch only, and other offices with specific restrictions the ways of working have become increasingly limited. It’s not hard to hit targets and plan lunch appointments, after that the challenge is sampling at the right frequency to get into offices that often way too busy to have a meaningful convo and competing against your matrix partners.

The busy work is just that, the pretend “working hard” act are just words as everyone has similar days, almost every rep hits who they can, and then we have to get creative to make the rest work.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for all the new insight. We never knew any of those things happened. How did you find out these things were going on ? Do you have a friend inside ? None of my team knew this and we are shocked ! Please tell us more.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most accurate statement to date. Customer service / PR job. Not sales, end of story.