Drivers in Teterboro Join Union

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by anonymous, Sep 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our drivers voted for a union to help them. Wonder what this means for us? What do they know that we don't?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if true, say goodbye to Quest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard this today as well. Do not think it is the end of quest but will drive much change

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

eventually will spread to other areas, billing, customer service.....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is something our leaders must be very concerned about. Many of those groups will be waiting to see what kind of deal the union will be able to get for the drivers first.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The drivers will be replaced with independent contractors, similar to Amazon Prime. As always, contingency plans were in place and regardless of the outcome, Quest Diagnostics always prevails. The drivers will lose their lucrative benefits and and status within the organization. Further consolidation will cost many of them their jobs. It’s difficult to have sympathy for them. It was a massive overreach for a group that was more than fairly compensated.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent point. I tried to post something similar, on this important topic, but inadvertently triggered a moderator by using the word ingrate. Lesson learned. Hope this helps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you smoking...Quest prevails???

In this case the union kicked their butt scoring an overwhelming majority of votes, not even close.

I don't think anyone thinks of their wages as lucrative....perhaps with union help they might move in that direction.

Big issue here is the leadership does not share the wealth. only the burdens. Quest is poster child for pay inequity. Times are changing.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming, son. Perhaps it hasn’t occurred to you, but getting your way isn’t always a personal victory. Fast food workers thought they wanted $15 an hour, until they quickly lost their jobs to automation. Third party, independent contractor staffed drivers, without benefits, will replace overly compensated Quest employees. And Quest will ultimately benefit. You and your kind are your own worst enemies. Hope this helps.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet another post from Mr. know it all who does not know what he is talking about. You always react to other's post and nothing original. Do you really think that it would be as easy as just hiring third party drivers because there is a little more to it than just picking up specimens and throwing them in the back of a van.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real enemy is corporate greed and poor leadership. Think of all the layers of VPs, and directors that don't impact patients and have no value. Think of the dollars spent without impact or return. Getting some of those dollars into the hands of those that impact the business makes sense.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh brother. This is your business plan. Invest more in the hourly wages of the drivers? I wonder how it is that you never landed one of those highly paid VP or Director positions with your innovative and cutting edge ideas. You’ll make a great leader one day son. When the assistant shift team leader at Burger King quits, and there’s no one else willing to clean the bathrooms. Hope this helps

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sure that the courier position looks highly complicated to someone like you, but believe it or not, there’s actually a large pool of candidates who are qualified to drive around in a car and pick up specimens. I would also explain how contract labor works, but your your pea brain is obviously already working beyond it’s capacity. Hope this helps.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a hypocrite of the absolute highest order.

"...beyond it's capacity"???????
    try "beyond its capacity".

Or better, just try getting lost you troll.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now you’re really starting to piss me off, junior. As of this moment, consider yourself on notice. You best check your attitude, watch your step and keep your head down. Hope this helps.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pea brain?? Your the one throwing out childish insults. Just accept the fact that it is a black eye for the company and a victory for the employees. Now go have your milk and cookies.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummmm yeah sometimes you may have to actually remember where you parked the van!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cutbacks, take aways, poor leadership.....company got what it deserved.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And now the drivers will get collectively bargained right out of their jobs. Good riddance ingrates. No one is on your side. No one cares about your stupid wages.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seemed to me like the company cared....huge dollars spent on lawyers, meeting after meeting with drivers, senior leadership presentation to drivers, etc. etc. Seems to me like the company put up a big fight and must of cared. Seems to me that you don't know a thing.