Dropping like flies

Discussion in 'AIT Laboratories' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The mileage reimbursement rate is based on the IRS. The amount of $0.565 cents per mile does include depreciation. BTW, most complanies use this rate. Per the IRS website:

Standard Mileage Rates for 2013

R-2012-95, Nov. 21, 2012

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today issued the 2013 optional standard mileage rates used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical or moving purposes.

Beginning on Jan. 1, 2013, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
    •56.5 cents per mile for business miles driven.
    •24 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes.
    •14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations.

The rate for business miles driven during 2013 increases 1 cent from the 2012 rate. The medical and moving rate is also up 1 cent per mile from the 2012 rate.

The standard mileage rate for business is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating an automobile. The rate for medical and moving purposes is based on the variable costs.

Taxpayers always have the option of calculating the actual costs of using their vehicle rather than using the standard mileage rates.

A taxpayer may not use the business standard mileage rate for a vehicle after using any depreciation method under the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) or after claiming a Section 179 deduction for that vehicle. In addition, the business standard mileage rate cannot be used for more than four vehicles used simultaneously.

These and other requirements for a taxpayer to use a standard mileage rate to calculate the amount of a deductible business, moving, medical, or charitable expense are in Rev. Proc. 2010-51. Notice 2012-72 contains the standard mileage rates, the amount a taxpayer must use in calculating reductions to basis for depreciation taken under the business standard mileage rate, and the maximum standard automobile cost that a taxpayer may use in computing the allowance under a fixed and variable rate plan.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" most companies"? I think you were the one who said "most fortune 500 companies have 500 per month car allowance", two years ago!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does AIT provide the cost of purchasing a dictionary? That would help to ensure the proper spelling of maintenance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With all the cuts in pay, lack of pay raises for the past 3 years, I can't afford it. In the past I would have bought and said I lost the receipt.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any bets on who is leaving next?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please leave because there is 10 people waiting to interview

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, someone big

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

with all the openings, there must be 500 people waiting to interview. Then they read this site and move on to the next IV.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand your logic. I get that the company needed to cut costs so it changed the car allowance. .56 a mile is what the government has mandated as fair. It sucks if you had enjoyed something more prior, but it is what it is. 8-10 calls a day isn't being forced to drive, it's working for your compensation. Do you think 1 call a day is ok? 1 call a week? Should you be paid for no calls?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6-7 calls is more reasonable. Sounds like you are an RSM, how many days are you in the field?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. This place and Taco Bell seem to have the same turnover rate.... wonder why that is?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right!!!!! You couldn't find ten people to work at AIT even if you recruited at a border crossing!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, heard that SM quit. If anyone knows the attrition rate over the last year, that would let anyone know what is happening at this company. Let's include those that were eliminated for one reason or the next... When you have high an mighty da's running the company that have no idea about this business, it doesn't take brain surgery to see where this company is going. Is it going to be sold or cave? As soon as I can find another job, I am out. No sense in going down with the ship...I ain't the captain.
    If you are interested in working for this company, DON'T!!!!! I'm not a disgruntled employee, I'm just smart as hell.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is sad is this place used to be so much fun to work at and you made money doing it! Now you have the honchos trying to saturate areas with new hires so they can recapture some revenue for the Board and Doc. As long as we are in this situation, no one wins. And yes, most are looking which is an indicator of the current environment. Too bad it's ended up this way.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the company provide medical benefits?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but the benefit will probably be taken away too!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are so many leaving now just the benefits or the environment? How many Sales People they have and what business lines?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all reps are leaving...no one to answer your post. they can't pay you anymore! they don't know why the business is declining. vacant territories??? even LB has left!!! arrogance and ignorance will run it into the ground. Hopelessness abounds!!! TRULY A SHAME!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did she leave and any idea where she went?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are things going down? VACANT TERRITORIES!!! Reps fired or quit due to the absence of fairness, opportunity, competitive compensation, no modicum of appreciation, no credit, blame...blame...blame. Which rep decided to fire every employee with any level of experience that AIT had??? IT WAS MANAGEMENT!!! What ever happened to TRAINING, COACHING, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT??? Not here!!! Sink or swim. There has not been a single decision that could be characterized as a brilliant move with brilliant execution. Every decision is a marginal screw up with no execution whatsoever! Blood? Great idea...no one left to sell it! CRM...never sold a thing, just a classic time waster; revenue model...three years late; add ons...dead in the water. Let's just beat up on the reps...jack up quotas...good bye bonus; no car, no gas, no insurance, no maintenance, you pay for everything...we pay you back in 6-8 weeks. Raises for lab folks, no raise for reps. Bottom line...they are so weighed down by the debt of the ESOP that there is ZERO ACQUISITION POTENTIAL. The overvaluation sunk the boat before it left port. Truly a shame for a capable scientific company driven into the ground by so-called senior management, idiotic marketing, back-stabbing team mates, lack of vision, lack of critical mass, zero execution, musical chairs at corporate, reckless spending, ridiculous billing, and PITIFUL-PITIFUL-PITIFUL managed care coverage. How to sell a commodity product? SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXECUTION!!! HELLO????? IS ANYBODY THERE??? WE DO NOT NEED AN IDIOT WITH A GRADUATE DEGREE...WE NEED A BEAN COUNTER!!! THE END IS NEAR! DO NOT FEAR THE REAPER!