Drug Test for Marijuana

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jun 8, 2019 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know that the pre-employment drug screen checks for marijuana but does Amgen care (in CA)?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes - they can’t do anything since it’s legal but they can use another excuse to not hire you

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, they don’t want to see you smokin’ a big fat doobie out in front of the doctor’s office before sales calls.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I took my drug test 15 years ago to work at Amgen, the paperwork that came with it from Quest stated that they don't check for weed usage. Now that it's totally legal in CA, I would imagine that's still true at least in CA. Companies like Quest would only test for things for which they are paid, and have no financial interest in lying to you about it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is a global company that follows Federal law regarding cannabis. If you use, you won't be hired.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just pass the drug test... there are ways and then do what I do and smoke every day

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is completely incorrect. you are just getting senile.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't believe random internet posters, Check your lab paperwork or call the testing company to whom you are providing a sample. They are only paid to provide results of the testing to Amgen, not any records of phone conversations with you.

If your desired position is in CA and you live in CA currently, any weed you may have consumed was legal anyway (just like alcohol). If Amgen is discriminating based on a legal activity, then you may have a great class-action legal case here. Do you really want to work for a company that persecutes a legal activity (even if you don't use weed) ?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You dumb fuck, they won’t say that the reason not to hire you is because of weed. They see it and then say other people more qualified or say that you are not a good fit for the team. All legal but the reason is because they think you are a pothead but won’t say it

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahhhhh yes! I can just see it now. Dinner programs with doobies all around! Toke and Tell round table!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like seeing this rage-queen lose it.
    He's not bright enough to understand that the lab will only test what they were paid to test -- and he has not shown any evidence for his claim that weed is tested.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is allowed by law to test for illegal drugs, but not required to do so by any law. Therefore "follow federal law" is not applicable terminology. The company is free to choose either federal or state standards, and free to not even test specifically for weed at all (while still testing for more harmful drugs).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even if you tested positive for weed, if you live in CA you may have had a "weed card" which is a prescription medical excuse to use weed. A medical condition would put you in a protected class under federal and state law.

It's only been legal for a few years, before that everyone and their brother had a weed card. If you don't have one, it's probably even easier to get one now that it's legal.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Show your weed card when you take your drug test

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wrong. the company takes an inherent legal risk by hiring a sales rep (who's going to be driving a company car with company insurance) who tests positive for cannabis and still gets hired. if you test positive for weed on your drug test, you are not getting hired. count on it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares about sales reps? Most Amgen employees provide their own transportation.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. They can’t use that as the basis to fire you or to not hire you, but it will be “there were other more qualified candidates”

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard all sales were being outsourced to India later this year