DS is a DumpSter Fire

Discussion in 'Dentsply' started by anonymous, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is DS just trying to see how quickly they can run a multi billion dollar company down the shitter? Below are a few reasons why this place is a total dumpster fire....
    • The virtual NSM was beyond lame. Thanks for the $100 gift box even thought we all know you saved THOUSANDS per employee not having an in person meeting. Also the DJ deal was as cool as hemorrhoids.
    • Purchasing BYTE for over a billion cash will go down as one of the dumbest acquisitions in the history of the company. Let’s buy a shitty competitor to Smile Direct Club who pissed off every dentist ever and is embroiled in lawsuits.
    • SureSmile is terrible. Period. It will never be able to complete with Invisalign. Hi doc, quit using the gold standard and now use our product which is at best mediocre but really requires 40k worth of equipment to make it work well.
    • DS could never manufacture, sell, deliver, and install the number of Primescan units per month that they currently have as a goal (500 per month). It’s laughable. If they sold more than 25 in one month it would go on a 6 month backorder.
    • Dentists are tired of paying more than double if not triple for every single item DS carries. At somepoint we will have to look at our pricing structure believe it or not. Hi doc, spend 45k and we will give you $800 worth of coupons is pretty much what we do now.
    • Upper management is incompetent beyond belief. A bunch of boot lickers. Linda is stupid and a carnival barker. Cindy is one of her dumb yuppies.
    • In less than 12 months they will have a mass exodus. They hope to run half off by not paying out bonus and the others will be downsized because we will all start carrying bag mixes. Just like big pharma. It’s coming! Hybrid roles have been in pilot over the past year across the country.
    Keep your head down, knock out KPIs and check all the boxes until they pull your card and cut you loose OR get that resume polished and get the hell out while you can.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And her golden boy Gareth quit bc of the shitshow. Hahahahaha

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is sad if Gareth is your golden boy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager jumped ship to the medical side....whatever that is right before I got laid off

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you didn’t get laid off -you were ‘displaced’. We need to use the correct McKinsey and Associate language, being as they are the low-life’s behind the scenes running the show.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually I heard the Cerec and 3D reps make a lot of money and are quite happy

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make your base salary on a capped bonus structure that you might be lucky to hit a few times a year...whats not to like. Having a manager that was promoted within their first couple years and have no idea what they are doing. This is a sales job to take at 22 then leave. Very poor pay and entry level b2b type culture.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d love to see you say that to his face.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d love to see you say that to his face.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad to see that a few are unhappy. So unhappy, to post something negative on a site like this. Linda is the best thing this company has going and I encourage anyone to get to know her more. Ask yourself the tough questions on how you can do better, it works every time.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you work at the same company? Mass lay offs, year after year of revenue declining, cutting reps comp plans, the reps that are still here are trying to leave but its hard having DS on your resume. And you ask us the tough question to do better? Get out of here

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a few? I think it’s most.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To all those posting sophomoric anonymous comments on this site, please explain what’s it’s doing to better your situation? If you don’t like the structure and culture at a company you have 2 clear choices- try and do something to enact change and positivity, or leave. It’s pretty simple. All the keyboard warriors in these threads saying negative things about people is ridiculous. If you really think having DS on your resume is stopping you getting a job somewhere else I think it’s time to take a long hard look in the mirror. It’s not the company you work for that’s the problem...it’s you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laughable comment from someone who remains “anonymous”. Typical DS. The company sucks. The culture sucks. The path for career sucks. Management sucks. We all voiced our opinions and they did the opposite. So I chose option 2. Best decision I ever made was leaving that place for greener pastures with an opportunity for growth. DS sucks, period.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

‘I would recommend checking your sources. I haven’t met one equipment rep from DS who is happy. They all look unhappy. The worst are the reps that were at SIRONA and now have to act like Dentsply didn’t ruin another equipment company like they did to Gendex. Who would be happy with half their territory and making 50-60% less? If you raise your hand, you are a Dentsply lifer. This couldn’t happen to a more deserving company