DSS???

Discussion in 'Cytyc' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am failing to see the long term value that the DSS bring to the company. The decision is made in the laboratory for the most part. The only reason so many of you are still around is that one guy- KG has such a hard on for all of you... must have to do with the fact that he is cant get out of the frat boy mentality, ( I believe he was president of his fraternity in college) and that's exactly what you all are.. a big sorority. Seriously what is your typical day on average? Out the door by 10, 1 or two visits that last 10-15 min each (mostly waiting) with a lunch if your are lucky and 1 or two more in the afternoon. Most of the work is internally facing- conference calls, forecasting, currying favor, shafting colleagues, etc. Then plenty of time to get your nails done, take a nap then hit the gym before happy hour with your girlfriends. Pretty sweet gig huh? You are promoting, not selling. Big difference. Even more laughable is how Hologic Management perceives the DSS group to be a good breeding ground for AEs. Sorry, but it is an entirely different galaxy. That is actually managing a business with intense competition which most of you do not have the skill set for- NOR THE PERSONALITY. Laboratory Managers do not like cheerleaders!

Management will change under Steve Macmillan and once new management takes a look at the fact that they are spending upwards of 10 M annually just to keep you all on the payroll there will be cuts. So get off your high horse and get ready for a reality check.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What value do you bring giving hand jobs part time? Get back to work and add some value you fucking stooge. It's obvious who you are.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are part of NOLOGIC Management or one of the idiots that are constantly sucking up to them, then you have much more experience with hand jobs from all the circle jerking you guys do with each other over the forecast, constant conference calls, and incessant meetings with 3X the number of necessary participants.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At one time working as a DSS was a real sales job. I was part of it at the beginning, back in 1999. There was no insurance coverage and the only way most labs would take on ThinPrep was if the doctors agreed to switch from the old glass slide. The AEs worked closely with the DSS , then called PMRs. This was a tough sale until insurance came on board, as well as the major labs. Then, when we got a high market share, they forced the original hard workers out of their jobs and hired the cheerleaders. Many of us took the company to that point and then got dumped. I am ok, with another company now, but the years of hard work were never valued.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if this has change over the past couple of years, but the base salary for a DSS was only 55K; and this was in a major market. This is akin to an entry-level labcorp or quest sales/service position.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems low. Maybe that is why they are attracting people with a lot less selling skills than in the past.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good point cause in 1999 there weren't any DSS or anything else worth a fucking shit.,....... dumbass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were called PMRs, same job. If you were there is 1999 you would know that. That's when the company really grew and many of us made a LOT of money on stock options. Maybe you feel there wasn't anything good back then but I banked a lot of cash.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had read the post, you would have seen that I said they were called PMRs in 1999. Sorry, but they did exist. I was one of them. Call me anything you would like but I made a ton of money in bonuses back then.