Dui question

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Sp12, Feb 2, 2016 at 8:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Sp12

Sp12 Guest

I am an MD looking to transition into an MSL position after years of working in healthcare management.

I have a 2 yr old DUI arrest. Received a deferred judgment (probation before judgment) so I can honestly answer no conviction if asked. However, the arrest will stay on my record. I have no other legal issues, have taken more then the required alcohol education classes and have successfully completed my probation requirements, What happened was truly out of character for me. My drivers license is valid, with no points.

I would like to know if applying is even worth it in my situation.

Any advice would truly be aporeciated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My company checks driving records as part of the pre-employment screen, along with past employment, urine drug screen, etc. A DUI will most likely show up, and might be enough for an employer to pass on an applicant. There'd have to be a good reason to overlook it, like it occurred a very long time ago, but that would be up to the HR department. You might be able to pre-empt it by telling HR prior to the screen occurring, but that's not necessarily certain. Good luck.