DUI

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 26, 2017 at 4:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does Valeant handle employees that have DUI convictions? Are they permitted to drive a company vehicle? Who is the appropriate HR person to address this question.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant doesn’t care if you have any DUIs. I personally have three DUIs and still drive under the influence to clients. It loosens me up before I meet the clients. Valeant is so desperate for people that they don’t percorma full background check.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should report any concerns to the head of human capital. Let her open an investigation on your claims.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i wouldn’t worry about it. Valeant’s background checks aren’t extensive and most employees aren’t drug tested. A good percentage of employees are alcoholics or drug addicts to deal with working at Valeant. Finance is the worst specifically consolidations where they drink on the job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 drinks a day makes you more interesting and a better sales person. Only be out driving between 11 and 2 to avoid DUI. Those are standard sales rep hours anyhoo

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They perform extensive background checks like every other pharma company. Trust me. A Check global performs them.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They do the customary background check, criminal and drug, when someone is hired. Then they don't really care unless someone complains or there was an incident.If it's alcohol, probably not that big of a deal, since some folks need it to take the edge off, especially working for a company like Valeant.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finance has parties at night in Scott Barry’s office. You can smell alcohol on there breathes the next day. Consolidations is always there, you can hear the sound of the bottles. I guess you have to do what you have working at Valeant. Lives are ruined, at least it’s the competent finance department with there plugged numbers!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear there are drunken drug fueled orgies at these parties. DP is in the Center of it all performing the toxic twist. All new employees are welcomed with a toxic twist, if your able to stomach it your part of the team and will never leave!! Toxic Twist City!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear this Toxic Twist involves a screwdriver and some duct tape. If you make it through it, you will be rewarded with a destroyed resume and fractured self esteem!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe they create a new position called "business development" for you

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tbe best sales people have at least 2 DUIs. Just give em your older brothers driver info for the background. Heck. Works every time.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends on how recent the DUI arrest was. If years ago don’t worry about it. If within last couple years decision will be made between HR and Manager and they will likely talk to you about it if the manager really wants you on board. Some companies it’s an immediate no hire if recent DUI. Be sure to acknowledge the arrest. Lying and having it turn up on your background check (and it will) will result in an immediate fail and non-hire.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell HR your close rate goes up by 50 percent when you've had a couple of stiff drinks before a sale. Throw a couple quotes out there from Tommy Boy. It will work. Everyone loves a good drunk

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is your favorite bourbon?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you just Uber and then charge the company for the travel expense?

-

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like one hell of a party run by Scott Barry. I'm surprised his weird sense of humor doesn't play well in the office. Maybe it takes him quite few cocktails to loosen up to get this toxic party going!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been there, done that. Eazy, peazy. Put all sorts of things on the old expense report, and my manager just robo-signs. Life is good.