Dumping Scientists

Discussion in 'Upsher Smith Labs' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lay-offs in R&D began today and appear to be substantial. For whatever that's worth...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible. Hope the managed care team is next.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They laid off all those people because they're focusing on establishing "center's of excellence ", anyone think that will work?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably not. They laid off someone with a Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry. Apparently that wasn't specialized enough for their "centers of expertise"

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They laid off nearly 20% of our R&D department and then the next day cater in free lunch for everybody like nothing ever happened.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another company showing how little they care about their employees... Catering in a lunch just shows how they just want to manipulate the remaining employees in to believing they are safe.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20% before or after they dump the R&D contract workers? The usual game is to dump the contractors and pretend like nothing happened.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...better change the catch phase about being a 'growing' company.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was very pleased to see the R&D group lunch the day after the reductions were announced.

It gave me an opportunity to connect with people from my department and from other R&D departments.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Way to show compassion to those that were let go!!!!! It's obvious you're life wasn't turned upside down.

Maybe you should learn to connect with others on your own instead of doing it at a free lunch given the day after a layoff!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The post about pleased to see people at the lunch seems like a fake post to get people upset. Thus it is best ignored.
    There is never a perfect promise that cuts can't or won't occur again.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't count on that post being fake. I worked with some insensitive people who were completely clueless about anyone else but themselves. Zero empathy for other workers except maybe a special friend or two.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Either way it is troubling but the way it is written gives me some pause. The reality that the ice berg shrunk on people and could always melt more down the road is real. That is the industry. Sadly.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else notice how they tend to layoff female and older workers, regardless of their experience? Maybe we are not supposed to notice?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is rather illogical to build a new research center and then decide to do less of it. Yet all the new overhead costs are still there.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any way you look at it, the leadership was hoping to redefine the market; Fitbits, AG's, new sales strategies and incentives ad infinitum and forever justifying those newly proposed strategies as a way to avoid the obvious.

That being; they cant manage the simple process of selling a brand. They have no idea of how to do so and the new leadership justifies their associated existance via blaming all other factors for lack of sales.

In the end, all they had to do was stay with the sales team they had, and give them the tools they needed.

That, vs giving the king with no clothes (literally) his whims to create this fiasco.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Internships available, including R&D. Priming the next generation.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hell no, we won't go!