Durezol Debit Cards Illegal?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SO, we are pushing these Durezol debit cards for EVERY patient- even Medicare- and telling al of our accounts & the patients that legally they have the right to run the transaction as cash & not use their insurance to get the $30 Durezol, but pharmacies in my area are telling my accounts we are doing something illegal!! My accounts are FREAKING out & I am freaking out telling them that Alcon wouldnt do something illegal, but I've heard it so much i'm wondering if its medicare fraud??? All of our cataract patients are on medicare- and we're telling them to use it as cash...Does anyone kknow if we really ARE doing something wrong? My manger says we arent...what the real scoop? My doctors are demanding to know!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not illegal, had a pharmacist show me the actual code under Medicare that allows any patient to opt out for a better price. Pharmacists blow. They just don't want to take the extra steps to run them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's not quite that simple...do a little more research. patients can opt out, but is it okay that they were induced by a drug discount card to do so?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon Always does things the illegal way. Hell pushing Vigamox for cataract surgery is illegal totally off label . Vigamox is for pink eye. Hell if one those doctors turned in Alcon for off label of vigamox,they would have whistleblower suit,just like the one doc in Allergan suit. The whistleblowers in Allergan and Forest were a doctor and rep. Turning the company for Medicare fraud.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This stuff is legit!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SHOULDN'T EVEN BE AN ISSUE IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE DRUG COMPANIES CONTROLLING WHAT YOU THINK YOU NEED TO PRESCRIBE.

PRESCRIBE PREDNISOLONE AC. 1% INSTEAD OF DURAZOL. $15 CASH, STRAIGHT UP... OR EVEN CHEAPER WITH INSURANCE. NO MEDICARE LEGALLITY ISSUE. DONE DEAL.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

(SORRY FOR THE CAPS)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can always use Maxitrol or Naphcon A debit cards instead!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prednisolone acetate 1% generic (falcon) is worthless treating inflammation. Name brand Pred Forte in very expensive for patient. I will use the durezol with the card for patients. This will save the patients money and I will stop getting the faxes from the pharmacy trying to get me to approve the generic pre forte.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bringing this back to life I see, now with ilevro too? My manager has me coupling it with certain pharmacies some of which are out of state!? How am I not going to get fired for this!? We can't tell patients they'll only pay $35 even on Medicare! This is wrong, my conscience and God are telling me this is wrong!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to Alcon, it's what we do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis take over was a mistake. We were doing way more than we do now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's crazy, and they just encourage this? It's not right and it's not legal it's it?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Running the cards as cash is one thing, but my manager has everyone using the same pharmacy and shipping the rx, out of state

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest