Dust off the resume

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just got off the phone with a friend in the West neuro region. Her ASM had a team call today letting them know neuro will be no more as of early Summer and to start looking. Total reorg and terminations across the country. Small group will stay to cover Northera. Looks like Vegas will be my last blowout because I am getting off this sinking ship pronto.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No surprise. Management is the worst in the industry. Don't believe me? Just look at the agenda for Luna. . Not a damn thing worth even discussing. SOS, different package. Yep, were are slipping away. All the folks with their heads in the sand better pull them out and quick. 2018 will be known at the Year of Pressure!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mentioned total reorg. Just for neuro or the entire sales force? It has to happen when all you have to sell with is a philosophy that docs have no clue what type of patients need mono therapy for MDD, or add on with an atypical. The funny thing is that many people will be in total shock when a reorg comes around. I can hear them now, "How can it be? We have patient profiles to enlighten physicians when to use a drug for MDD or adjunctive therapy! This can be happening!"

Onfi going generic will be the beginning of the end. They will reduce headcount, and have a much smaller force calling on very high MD's, or maybe even hire a contract team form Publicis or Inventiv. Maybe this is why they can't find someone to take the CEO job because they don't want to captain the Titanic!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely for neuro but no doubt it will affect the psych territories too.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would they hire contract? They have three companies selling the psych portfolio. Bottom line is they don’t need all these psych reps there are too many of us for profitability. We are 4times the size of neuro and bring in a fraction of the profit. Once omfi goes generic it’s not just once salesforce they will be in trouble with a potential reorg it’s both.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This fate was obvious the second idalopirdine failed and no deals were made to add something to the bag for neuro. Shocker, if you have no neuro products to sell, psych is a joke, and you have no pipeline, then your job might not be super secure.

Why the heck you guys are still here is totally baffling.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is true, I’m outta here. No way I’m selking psych products. Aggressive interviewing starts after LUNA. It was a fun ride.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lies, lies and more lies.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone confirm this? My manager has heard nothing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A key question that I’m sure is being discussed is do they keep the top reps overall or just torch neuro.

It would be a mistake to think you are safe on psych side unless you are in top 25-50%.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK old wise one, then answer us this - when Onfi goes, and you have to depend so much on the psych portfolio how do you stay afloat when Lundbeck only receives 20%, 33% or 45% of the psych drugs.When the best you do is bring home less than half of every dollar sold, you are doomed to failure. Even if 35700 were to make it to market, LU only gets 55% of that one. Someday, some business school somewhere, will do a case study on Lundbeck and how NOT to arrange business agreements.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PCP psych reps have nothing better to do than stir the pot.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck’s lack of understanding of US market was well recognized by their “collaborators” who used thier Eurocentric approach to trick them into a company-killing deal.

Stuck a sword right into their belly. “We’ll give you Europe if you give us the vast majority of US sales...” But the Danes thought they were so dang smart for inventing Brintellix that they were invincible and all their neighbors would pay for the wonder drug they invented.

Anyone could look at the single payer systems in Europe and see people weren’t going to cover their lame me too meds there.

It’s sad when the “best” products and marketing strategy your company has had over the past 10+ years was the ragtag crew from Ovation who’s entire strategy was to bring decades old meds to the US on a shoe string R&D budget and then jack up the price as much as possible while the short patents were in effect.

Sorry to rant, but the descisions that were made and the long denial of mistakes takes your breath away. Then everyone pretends that things are rosey during the reign of Kare because he temporarily made the numbers look good through massive layoffs.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK old wise one, you didn't respond to the question - you deflected. So how do you run a business when you get at best 50cents for every dollar sold????

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These people were so damn cocky that at Brintellix launch their copay card was a one time deal. Marketing stood before us and said it was one time only because once patients and doctors saw how great they felt, they would gladly pay full price. I kid you not, ask anyone that was there.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And god forbid you suggest otherwise, or you were driven from the company.

Yes, a wonder drug with no differentiation, that grosses like 10 million per year.

WE ARE LUNDBECK!