DynaSplint

Discussion in 'Dynasplint' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2005 at 9:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about this company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I worked for them a long time ago. Entry level sales job. Use to pay low, low base salary and low quarterly bonus with low car allowance. Selling to rehab therapists and ortho. Good job to start sales career and good overall experience. Clinical work involved with fitting patients, etc. and also reimbursement. Always fighting to get splints covered by insurance and lose some sales because of that and case managers/HMO contracts. Also, managing equipment and constantly fed-exing and retrieving splints. Overall, nice people at corporate and good managers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Dynasplint for 3 years, always making great commissions...hated the patient contact...yuck. Now I am in ortho sales. I asked my manager...after I got the job...if my working for Dynasplint helped my career, he said hell no. Dynasplint is a DME company...Durable Medical Equipment. Reps make shit...Managers make the bucks off of your shit, so they don't push you like real managers do. Good Luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for them for 1 year. I'm in pharma now. I was good for a stepping stone. I wouldn't plan on making it a career. Low pay, low bonuses. Good luck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company sucks...here's why...they don't have the supply to back up your mandatory - unatainable quotas. Plus, if you build up your territory to the point where you can start to make some real money - THEY CUT YOUR TERRITORY IN HALF! Now you have to start all over again and LOSE all the accounts you just built up. This is how the company avoids paying you for profit sharing. Back in the day, reps had an entire state to sell any division, ortho, neuro, podiatry, etc.... with no boundries and no counterparts. Now they cut everything up and expect unrealsitic goals based on results for all divisions instead of just one. Long story short...THE COMPANY HAS A 70% THAT'S RIGHT A 70% TURNOVER RATE WITHIN 1 YEAR! OUCH! Do you get the picture now...I did... that's why I left after only 3 months. Good luck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true, ask to see their employment contract. If you leave in 120 days, they want you to pay them 1,000.00 for training.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A bunch of liars, its as start-up company, turn over is extremely high, and they lie to get you to come on. No one has been there that long. Take the job, just for experience.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well gee, I for one have to disagree with all of the above posts. The inventory issues are no longer a problem......new insurance contracts are added every day. I am sure you will find good and bad with every company but I for one am making a career of Dynasplint. I love the patient contact and have found that the quotas are not unattainable if you just go out and work. Dynasplint sells itself......
    Most companies have the same clause that if you leave in a certain amountof time, you have to pay back the amount they spent in training you.......that is only fair and makes perfect sense. This is not a company where you are given all the top $$ amounts right away yes......you have to work for them....I for one see nothing wrong with that....there are in fact plenty of people that have been with the company for YEARS......I think you will find with any sales job, including pharm.....there is a significant amount of turnover.
    Bottom line......if you want to truly help people regain their lives......the benefits are amazing.......

9. PA rep

PA rep Guest

Ok, put down the kool-aid cup and back up.

YUP, entry level, low base, low car, HORRIBLE expense reimbursement.

The will promise you a raise and commissions in year 2. I blew out my minimums. Did 158% of goals and was always beyond the company average. Know what I was told at my eval, no raise, I did not have enough SHD and SUP units. So if that was the case, why did they wait until the eval, cheap bastards, thats why!

Go ahead, make it a career, keep driving your 8 year old car and renting your condo!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, I love it when shitty ass reps like to bag the company they work for, when it comes to not putting any effort into their own jobs. I have been with Dynasplint for 7 years, and have made great money, and happen to own my own home and drive a BMW....so I have to say the majority of posts above this one have no right voicing themselves as experienced with Dynasplint... since it sounds like you all bailed out after a few months....that's ridiculous...I bet you've moved jobs again since your last post too!!! Your type is better known to the rest of us REAL reps as JOB HOPPERS!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you say the salary is so low, what does the base average annually? with commission? Saw something on the website that mentioned monthly base salary...how does it all work? genuine question here. thanks for any help

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too have an interview with Dynasplint coming up-- I have been in pharma sales for a year.. worth the risk? I want to switch to medical sales!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outdated technology, but industry leading name recognition.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry but you are not even selling anything in this job are you? You talk to PT's not physicians and then fit patients at their house. Total bush league medical sales at best.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a recruiters point of view;
    Dynasplint is a good entry level position, especially for someone who does not want to sell Copiers or ADP. Stay 18-30 months and there would be lots of oppty's that you would be considered qualified for. If you already have strong outside sales (Copiers/ADP/Cintas, etc...) you could do better. Several of our Orthopedic hiring mgr's will consider Dynasplint reps for certain positions. Good Luck !
    www.medpharmsales.com

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the deal. The company is 27 years old and still privately held. Dynasplint is the best product available for its purpose. Pay is OK- $60-$90K in year 2. Pretty hard to make more than $125K so perhaps not your last sales job if money is the motivator. Orthopedic surgeons are #1 target audience, then physical and occupational therapists- if you have time to market them. Watching orthopedic procedures in surgery and advising physicians on protocols and implementation for when to use a Dynasplint is key to success. A doctor may literally have 100 therapists to choose from but only 1 Dynasplint representative! Patient contact is a bonus- seeing the application and success and the effect on changing someone's life is amazing. Going to a home is not safe and frowned on by the company. Computerization of the sales force has begun and Microsoft is pioneering a new sales software with the company. Experience covers a breadth unmatched by many other medical sales companies. And, research is on the cutting edge where a doctor within your own territory may participate in such, if interested. A company should leap on a Dynasplint experienced candidate that has longevity with the company- they have had a great deal of training and have some very close relationships with the doctor's they have known. And, they are probably a little deeper than the used car type sales person.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too am considering a position with DynaSplint. I'm an ATC currently working for a regional DME provider looking to transition to the orthopedic sales world. I'm wondering if this is a good place to start or is there something better out there. I have limited sales experience and I'm not sure I would have a shot at some sort of ortho surgical sales position with my limited experience. Any advice would be helpful.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DON'T quite as an ATC.

DON'T apply to Dynasplint.

There are MANY other jobs that will take of their employees better. Do you really think $38 k base with the potential to earn anywhere from $1-15k over the year is worth it?

Think about your car. you drive ALL those miles on it for a tiny car allowance?? your trade in value will stink!

Don't make the mistake of even applying to this company. it's nothing but a black hole...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no potential within this company.

The job should really require 2 people. You are constantly marketing to doctors/therapist and then you are fitting patients and constantly following up with them.

After my ride along I realized they would give this job to anyone with a pulse. Save yourself and your car and find a better job. The pay isn't worth all the stress and hassle.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i sees this company as a lot of fuss with not a lot of backing.

i'm lookings elsewhere.