EAM ROLE

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me more about this role and if they like the job? I am thinking about applying. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is for the GI side of the Olympus business. I would recommend you reach out to people on linkedin versus this chat room. If I were a hiring manager and this is where you got your information I think I would have some concerns.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doing my do diligence and using all sources available including this one, thank you. If you don't have anything helpful or intelligent to say about the question, then please don't reply.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GI is about to have their collective bell rung. Stay tuned.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. Care to share more....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster said "stay tuned"....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't care what it said I want to know now, but thanks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah... thats interesting. The division that pays for everyone else in this organization? The one that basically handed off enough "shared" sales to prop up the Surgical division and allow them to hit their number in the final month of last fiscal year?

Maybe you mean from outside sources (Fine, etc?) but if there's a division that is safe in this company, its the GI division.

I don't doubt a major layoff or reorg in 2 years, but its clear who brings in the profit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you overpay for spoiled brats when you can hire a 25 year old and pay them 60k to "sell" a line that SELLS ITSELF. Do the numbers, Einstein.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested in the EAM role on the endoscopy side of the business for a current open position. Any feedback on how they compete with Fuji and Pentax would be appreciated as I hear Pentax and Fuji are gaining ground.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the poster above: Olympus owns he market with 85-95% in most geographies. If you are looking for big money it will not happen for mist EAMs. 150-200k is kind of the average nowadays in this division.

I came from the Olympus Urology division about 9 months ago. Previous posters that talk about bringing a 25 year old in to take care of these "easy" territories are not intimately familiar with this position. I thought the same thing before moving over here. It is a VERY challenging position. When you have such high market share the phone never stops ringing and not with PO's, but with service or training needs, Endoworks issues, repair issues, quote requests, etc. Your to-do list will be a mile long every day.

Pentax and Fuji will get a surgical center here and there becausebOlympus costs more, but you will get most of the business.

The products are top notch. Managers are generally really good. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lies

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^. So insightful. Please enlighten me regarding the 'lies' in my post. This is my lived experience. I've been around the block in my career and although Olympus has PLENTY of issues it continues to be a great company for me. Best of luck to you ^

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think "It is a VERY challenging position", step aside and let someone younger do it for half the cost. Moron....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^ To the young man above (I can only assume that you are in your late twenties or early thirties because no one with any real experience or common sense would be so bold/ignorant to make statements ie, "lies" "moron" regarding something they know nothing about).

I have sold in ORs and Cath labs for 18 years and with Olympus Urology til recently. I know a thing or two about VERY challenging positions.

Please repost in 5-10 years when you have grown up a bit and have something substantial to say besides ad hominem attacks.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your post as this has been my lived experience also.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck Olympus

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EAM is the place to be.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck all of you, and this piece of shit company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would prefer Urology over EAM