Early retirement offer

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

59yrs old. Can walk with lump sum of 1.4 with 401k of 1.7= 3.1 mil plus medical. I’d like to keep working, but can’t get pension without leaving. Thinking oncology may see headcount changes post COVID. Thoughts or advice ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get out of dodge but prepared for the greatest fraudulent wealth transfer of your life as the Scamdemic
    goes into it's next phase and the NWO tightens control on your freedoms...

The Social Justice Warriors and corrupt politicians want your savings...

and with a cashless society coming, they can wipe you out with the click of a mouse...

other than that, enjoy your retirement!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

see a proctologist

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are in a better position to retire than most Americans.

If you want to keep working, stay in the position you are in. It will be impossible to get to your current salary at another employer at age 59.

Use your time before retirement to develop your interests to keep yourself occupied in retirement.

Once you are out and don’t rely on your paycheck and your employer, your world life is much better.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A perfect example of how Merck takes care of their people. Thank you Merck!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting---someone is over on the Pfizer site posting the same numbers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True that guy was double dipping by working for the two companies at the same time. Now he will retire from two companies.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are correct. There is obviously a conspiracy here. previous poster should investigate

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laugh all you want.....I know several people who did it and no on was ever the wiser. Wish I had the stones to do it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I were in your position, I would do it. Lots of opportunity out there, perhaps not at the same salary, but in your case, what do you care?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did it! Best decision I ever made, although I do miss some of my former co-workers. Lump sum was held in cash accounts when transfer occurred. Money was not in market when things crash with pandemic. Bought into it at the lowest. Financial planning is key. Enjoy retirement, but do have a plan.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad it’s working out.
    Keep weighing the pros vs cons of having the lump sum in my account under my control vs still getting a great paycheck and not having it under my control, or even having it grow at all

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many years at Merck to get 1.4?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

31 plus a few months

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Asides from the $3Mil + in pension & 401K, how much is in your after-tax investment accounts? You could use that $ right away at 59 and have plenty. Why continue this gig? It has become an overnight nightmare post COVID with the oversight on remote FFM, and other metrics.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well if you are not too stressed out an option would be to hold out in case a buyout is coming, Otherwise financially you are doing well.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I realize only negativity is encouraged on this site, but congrats on a lengthy career. Enjoy retirement if you choose that route!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If taking the lump sum, keep eye on modeler. The quarterly interest rate adjustment just took place yesterday and my lump sum up about 4% for the fourth quarter.