East Coast Reps pass along any breaking news

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Sep 24, 2017 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are going to the meeting this week, please pass on any good news Management puts out

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't hold my breath for any good news.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they have a Q & A, please let us know what the questions are that are asked and the answers to the difficult questions. When we are in Denver we can ask the same questions and we can compare answers.

I think they will have a the spin ready for Denver.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any news?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

News is not good....they aren't backfilling the numerous Account Manager positions and they aren't filling the vacant Area Manager positions because they want to downsize immediately...3 areas functioning for several months without a manager! No hope at all here... Wish I had already started looking. The future here is non-existent...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ignore this guy/gal. They are back filling. Future is strong.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just got back from Orlando. Had a lot of time to think about this meeting. The "pipeline" or lack of one was briefly mentioned. The only new drug mentioned was 35700 for treatment resistant schizophrenia, which is years away. Rex, and the agitation of schiz indication is basically dead unless they do another study which will also take years. PTSD was glossed over. Not a word mentioned about Trin/cognition. Also glossed over was Staffan leaving. Kare was never really "Lundbeck", so his departure was basically expected, and i say good riddance because he didn't give a rat's ass about the U.S. sale team.

Basically they think we don't know how to close or probe. With 90% of calls being 30 second details, closing and probing are impossible. It was hilarious listening to reps who said they gained valuable "new" skills on probing and closing. The BS was thigh high! The main strategy is taking market from generics, which is delusional. There is a huge disconnect between what is real an unreal in the market place. The loss of UHC for Rex and soon Trin will be huge for some territories, and they may take that into account for quota setting, Key word is may. The only new stuff was some managed care software for Veeva.

Bottom line is that there is no real pipeline. Also, there were a lot of new faces, and some old ones were not to be found. The new stuff could have been covered in a webex. The old stuff could have been found in any pharma meeting from years ago. I think Lundbeck realizes they have a real problem in about a year or less from now, and are not sure what to do. The meeting was not necessary, but it was fun to catch up with old friends, but very disturbing to see how dissatisfied many of the Lundbeck vets are. Also, one theme i heard from several reps from about 5 districts I know, is that the quality of their ASM is poor to very poor, with the number #1 complaint being they think every call should cover everything, which is incredibly stupid. After this, I think many in sales realize that we have nothing except the existing portfolio to keep us going. The next 12 months will be transformational for all with Lundbeck.

I would give the meeting a grade of D.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So was Florida just psych? Curious to hear from a neuro rep.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No neuro

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's true, they haven't even posted the lastest string of open positions and have trainers filling in for managers until they downsize and disperse what reps are left.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm psych but I think the neuro team is attending the meeting with the west in Denver next week

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's just the vacant ASM positions they aren't backfillling....lots of people on the fence will be leaving depending on how this shakes out....at the end of the day if they are downsizing managers it's not a good sign..proves that there is no potential for a new product or growth of any kind...if your smart you wil get a job before Onfi ones generic and they lay you off

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

East coast here. Are you guys sure they ARE NOT filling open ASM positions? If true, this can't be good, and after seeing they are betting the farm on the schiz drug 35700, which will take years to get out, and our new found probing and closing skills :D, and nothing else, we are in deep shit!

Now our looney ASM's are going to be pushing us like hell to get everything said and done in a 30 second detail in a hall! It's going to be extremely awkward and ineffective, not to mention pissing them off! Their idea of selling drugs is that of the mid to late 90's, when time and access were a lot better than today, and managed care was basically unheard of! And with many managers just having a few reps, the baby sitting field rides will increase. You can "probe" until hell freezes over, but managed care still controls who gets what and for how much! They know this to be true, but would never admit it in front of us!

Guys, once a new CEO shows up, they will likely do the same thing whats-his-name did, and that's fire a bunch of people to cut costs and ramp up profit! We literally have nothing coming! You have what you have now for years to come! They also said onstage that generic Onfi erosion will be faster than Xenazine or Sabril. That's our Big Gun! I am sure that by now, Sabril has too fallen off the cliff like Xenazine.

I am sensing change in the air. The question is what and when.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not rocket science.

Learn 2 close and probe.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How dare you suggest successful strategies. Obviously the only thing that works is complaining about management!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There were two meetings in the east this week dumbass Neurology in Annapolis and Psych in Florida. All the comments about not backfilling were referring to neurology not psychiatry

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When your manager has no clue of how to call on a doctor's office, has no awareness of what's going on in an office, thinks that it's necessary to go cover-to-cover on every call, going over a patient type on every call, then management deserves all the complaints you can come up with! This describes my ASM to a tee. This person is horrible in an office, and I've had numerous complaints about this person from docs and staff alike. Then this idiot complains on what i didn't do on the call! Shit, I will be back in there the next week and will have another opportunity! But the moron doesn't even understand that concept! If I asked this person to take a call from start to finish, they would shit themselves, and climb my ass for asking them to do it! They KNOW they can't do it as good as I can, and are afraid to lead from the front. No respect for this person at all! After the meeting in Orlando, and talking to friends, they are in the same boat as I am! This seems to be the new normal for ASM's!

I am looking to make a move ASAP. I can't deal with this fool anymore. There is nobody to turn to at Lundbeck for help either. It really is time to go, for this and many other reasons.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny, dumbass Neurology makes all the money to pay for the primary care psych reps....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Um, if you are so great why are you just a sales rep and not an ASM.

Go flip a burger.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only thing to pass along is that although we are in a deficit just as we were this time last year we can do it! We are great with great products and all we have to do is sell competitively. Are they stupid or what? And of course we are in a deficit because we are not good at closing