East Managers

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking to interview for an open position. Hearing too much about bad managers. What are the managers like on the east coast?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company is Royal Canin. Forgot to mention that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What state/ area?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you report to WK, you will be asked to:

1. Treat your reps like garbage that you should never trust. Micromanage them. Accuse them of anything you can think of. Be paranoid, because nobody is EVER working.

2. Have inappropriate relations with any co-worker, especially subordinates. This includes: sexual comments, profanities, and insulting women. WK backs anyone who behaves this way, in fact, he prefers them!

3. Strut around like you are king of the world, when really you will be managing a team of people selling dog and cat food.

4. Dumb yourself down. Do not use words with more than 2 syllables.

5. Refer to the 1982 handbook of selling.

6. Refer to the latest edition of "How to fail in business by being a douchebag".

Good luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. When Walt shows up with his bad shoes, the gig is up. Also, he admits he's lazy yet suspects others of doing nothing. Yeah, way to lead by example hot nuts.

Walt always talks about his failed marriages. I wonder why his ex-wives would want to detach from such a loser? The fact that he is such a sum bag has nothing to do with it of course.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think things got mixed up. I am applying for a rep job in the east but just wanted to know how the managers are. I am thinking of leaving my current AH job because of a micromanager but it seems like RC might be worse.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The person who they are referring to would be your boss' boss.

Again, what area/state & we might be able to tell you about the specific manager.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had applied for a position in central PA a few months ago but was never contacted. I am willing to move for a position but because of family obligations would prefer to stay on the east coast. I currently live in the Phila area but, as I said, I will move. My wife and I currently rent so are pretty flexible. I just do not want to make a mistake and I am beginning to wonder if I should not even bother with RC. The manager makes the job and having a very mean micromanager right now is the only reason I am considering a move.
    Any insight on the managers in the area from New England down to Washington DC would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forgot to mention this. Currently I am applying for a Connecticut position that I heard was open but, like I said, I am looking at a lot of different areas.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly I think there are two openings in the northeast...one in Boston and the other in Vermont...if I were you, I wouldn't apply. You will be not be any happier here, perhaps even less so. Stick with what you have for now and wait for an appropriate opening in animal health. Royal canin is a manufacturer, and this would be a step down...way down!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy Shit! Definitely not worth moving for it.

I don't think there is a CT opening on the vet side.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I may have gotten the wrong information. But, I did apply for some position in the northeast. They did have my resume for the PA position so maybe I am not what they are looking for. Does anyone know what the PA manager is like? I guess it doesn't matter as they probably filled that position. Maybe that is a good thing. I think I will pass. From what I am reading here changing jobs might not be a smart move.Thanks for the honesty.