Ecolab Strategic Agreement with Belimed

Discussion in 'Industry Rumors' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does Belimed want Ecolab to be their preferred cleaning solutions supplier?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are probably looking to leverage Ecolab's presence in the market. Ecolab has products in every department of some medical facilities. This will backfire for both companies - they're both miserable; no ability to service and maintain accounts. Belimed is incapable of servicing their equipment and Ecolab should have stayed out of the instrument washing arena. Their competitors are much more advanced, way ahead of them in knowledge of the cleaning process specific to instrumentation. You can't clean surgical instrumentation with hand soap. Any hospitals who make the mistake of purchasing Belimed equipment will only multiply the problems by adding Ecolab to the equation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure how I came across this post but I find this opinion to be polar opposite of what I have seen. I have a couple facilities that have Belimed units where I do cases. They are always running and my sets get turned over faster. The places that have Steris always seem to have a unit down or some other issue that causes delays. On CS Tech told me their new STeris stuff was made in Mexico, not sure if that's true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belimed makes very nice equipment. Swiss engineered vs. Mexican mass produced.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct, Steris equipment is made in mexico and is a couple generations behind Belimed's and Getinge's. Their service used to be excellent, but has really deteriorated the past few years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am very familiar with both. No way Steris units are even close to Belimed. Steris has been the industry standard for a couple of decades, now unfortunately for them there is something nicer. And you don't need as many service techs when the equipment is more reliable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belimed sucks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical respone from a Steris crybaby. Belimed is ripping business left and right from these guys and all they can come up with is "Belimed sucks".

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know when Steris System 1E will be available?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT IS AVAILABLE NOW - WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT? SPEND MONEY WITH A COMPANY THAT LIED TO YOU AND THE FDA AND IS TAKING UP YOUR VALUABLE RESOURCES THAT COULD BE SPENT SOMEWHERE ELSE? BETTER PRODUCTS ARE OUT THERE & LET ME REMIND EVERYONE, FOR THE RECORD, SYSTEM 1E IS NOT A STERILIZER AND DOES NOT RENDER A PRODUCT STERILE. WHO IS TO SAY THEY HAVEN'T PULLED THE WOOL OVER YOUR EYES AGAIN? NO WAY I WILL TRUST OR GIVE MY MONEY TO A COMPANY LIKE THAT!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone please confirm:: I just heard that Belimed secured a large deal at Duke University Health System. Can anyone confirm?? Thought that was a steris strong hold???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belimed bought the business at Duke. Couldn't have been too difficult to dislodge steris given the whole hydraulic fluid incident a couple of years ago. Unfortunately for Duke, they'll be replacing their Belimed equipment before 2 years even go by - but not until after duke spends a couple hundred thousand extra upgrading their facilities to meet the specs needed for the results belimed promised them. Good luck finding a belimed service rep to take care of their faulty equipment! We had belimed in our department and had it removed after only a year - they promise the world and deliver on nothing!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God you ingnoramus...Can yoiu read? System 1E is a LIQUID CHEMICAL STERILIZER. Read the FDA clearance. I know you Sterrad folks have to cling to this horseshit story to sell your singular, overpriced, underperforming product, but we customers aren't buying this from you anymore. By the way, V-PRO is kicking the shit outta my Sterrad. Sorry :-( I've got them running side by side in my CS and the V-PRO outperfroms the Sterrad by a huge margin...for less $$.
    Bye, bye Sterrad. You've held us hostage long enough.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the Steris rep responsible for losing Duke is a little bent.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Belimed?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belimed is simply the most effective and efficient sterile processing equipment produced. The washers and autoclaves perform as they should. The washers actually wash and disinfect the instruments and not just make it seem clean. Ask someone other than a Belimed rep, who undersands what the equipment is supposed to do and they will give you the real story. There will always be some folks who won't be satisfied and hate change but, there are a lot of very intelligent people and healthcare systems who have switched to Belimed. I have seen consistent improvements in their service and support over the years. Most importantly they are focused on sterile processing and understand it better than anyone else.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belimed has nice equipment but the cost of the Swiss engineered parts is outrageous. At least with steris machines you can cross reference a few common parts and their tech help and info is so much more readily available. Healthcare maintenance will always be expensive but belimed absolutely rapes its customers when it comes to replacement parts. I know because I service all models of instrument washers and when its broken cost isn't an issue they just want the damn thing to run right now!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what does a belimed rep make?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hambooger Helper. Because unlike all the BS stated about them in this thread, they aren't selling anything. 1 rep per two to three states and even less service techs compaired to the 2 to 4 reps Steris has and 10 -15 tech in each state. Who do you think has more business?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make more than the 2 Steris reps in my area combined. $235+ / year.