Ed Cinca comments

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right, managers are human beings too. But aren't they supposed to be above trashing employees in front of their peers? A true professional can keep skid chains on their tongue and refrain from doing that sort of thing. Your comments make me think that you're OK with NNI managers not being professional.

Voicing thoughts/opinions about what you really think about someone anonymously on CafePharma is a lot different than doing it in person to one's peers. Peers talk. Who knows what a manager might tell somebody about what another manager said to them about an employee!

At the very least, as cowardly as it is, trashing someone here anonymously cant be attributed to one specific person.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Little AA had to please his masters and would bad mouth to stay popular with the Danes. That and , of course , there is his Napoleon complex.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too bad most intelligent people saw through him. He fooled no one and if you got close in Plainsboro and saw him daily, you realized fast how ill-equiped he was for his role.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And thats just the ET. You should hear what the queen of ops has to say about him among others. I don't think she's ever had a nice word to say about anyone.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok. Are you really trying to say that reps never trash their manager to one another, in person? And, I guess it's a fabulous expectation for everyone else, except you and your peers, to be a professional. That's great!

Sometimes people have problems, and sometimes those problems are people. Managers aren't immune to talking about their problems with others. I've never heard a manager say something negative about a rep that wasn't work related. Believe it or not, sometimes you suck and do stupid things that require your manager to discuss it with others to get their input and opinion. That's not unprofessional.

Reagardless, go ahead and sit up on your high horse and tell others how professional they should be while you act the opposite. It will be good fodder for our next manager's meeting.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard a manager make a negative comment to another manager regarding an employee that was not work related. He called a homely female employee "that gorilla". Real classy and professional, huh?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought that phrase went out with the LA riots?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like I said, sometimes stupid people do stupid things. I'm pretty sure you know of more than one instance where one of your rep buddies trashed their manager, RBD, VP, etc. Quit acting like you're perfect.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Piss slap magazine

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just what we need...Another VP. Glad to see the "new operating model" is nice and fat at the top, filled with expensive roles that don't create a single dollar in value. How many reps lose their jobs so Ed can get a new suit his wife approves of?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It isn't cowardly at all to anonymously trash some on CP. That's because your U.S Constitutional 1st amendment right to free speech protects you from the government going after you, but it does NOT protect free speech in the workplace. The U.S. Constitution does not guarantee free speech protection for an employee voicing their opinion in the workplace. Employees can be fired for voicing negative comments about anyone.

CP is one venue among others that affords employees protection by allowing anonymous postings of negative comments towards managers and other employees.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you hide behind anonymity while trashing someone else by name, then you're being a coward. You know it, and I know it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I always love the "only sales reps bring value" argument on here. Yo conveniently forget about the clinical trials that have been run, the marketing research, the development of sales materials, samples, etc, etc etc. If you have no paycheck from HR, no car from Fleet, no samples from SAC, no clinical trials from Medical, no Sales Materials from Marketing, and no direction whatsoever from company leadership, then what the fuck are you actually doing? The reason all these people make more money than you is that their jobs are harder and more important than yours is.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then do away with sales, genius , and let the profits rise.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please explain how creating a "VP of GLP-1" will add more value than the equivalent spend on reps.

Thanks.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the one who acts like this is an either/or argument. Of course we need sales, just like we need all the others. However, individual sales people are easily, easily replaceable - if you haven't seen that in action in this company and industry, then you're simply turning a blind eye. And, we all know the job isn't very difficult. Quit acting like you're more than you are - an entry level position in the company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's say it's the value of 3 reps. I'd say the planning and launch of sema in the diabetes and obesity space is more important than 3 reps. Does that explain it for you?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look what we have here! A thin-skinned DBM that does not know/understand that employees taking potshots at management comes with the territory!! Better thicken up that hide buddy! LOL

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the planning and launch will be a success? Managed care all taken care of ?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With all due respect, I have been here for a number of launches and not a one of them has been done well by ELT. I doubt adding yet another VP will change any of this. Furthermore, the infiltration of marketing into the sales org is going to have disastrous consequences for the bottom line. I might have agreed with you if we’d have appointed a sales person to run the show, but it’s just another dude who has been isolated in home office and thinks he knows what is going on in the trenches. (Hint: one field ride a year with a rep from jersey does not give you a feel for what it’s like on the front lines).