EDS folks can't find a job

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline Lab Personnel' started by AllKnowing, Nov 18, 2015 at 8:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. AllKnowing

AllKnowing Guest

It is proving to be a challenge for a lot of EDS folks to find employment. Perhaps we correctly assumed that there wasn't much talent in that department.

2. Silas B.

Silas B. Guest

Funny, I was only aware of about 2-3 people from EDS-RTP who are still job searching.
    One person was a very recent job-switch into EDS, so that person is not representative of the typical skill set/experience of EDS-RTP veterans. I know one person is holding out while looking for a higher level position and I know one person that isn't even looking for a new job. Also I know that nearly all of the EDS-RTP folks wanted to stay in the RTP or North Carolina area (duhhh) so that was the limiting factor in finding employment. Most were willing to take lesser jobs (or jobs at lesser companies) rather than relocate to a less desirable area (like, say, Filthadeathia). I believe everyone who was actively looking has had offers from outside of the NC area. So my info is that the EDS-RTP folks did pretty well. (Not everyone updates their LinkedIn profiles as soon as they get a job. Maybe that's misleading you. Some of us only update that LinkedIn junk when we're looking for a job.)

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't you not get a job in EDS?.... or did they get rid of you? You sound like a bitter ex-lover..... EDS has moved on and so should you.....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely untrue. In the current environment in RTP and surrounding areas, it would be hard not to find a job.

5. LostCause

LostCause Guest

You are right! I just didn't think selling hotdogs and working in a kiosk at the mall were the same but maybe they are similar.

6. Owning your own business is a huge step up from being a tiny cog in a huge dysfunctional organization like GSK where spending hours/days on trivial matters such as massaging your performance plan is encouraged. I'm glad to be out of that steaming pile of bio-waste and the various dung beetles that inhabited it. I gladly took my big package :) and walked out proudly and into new challenges.

7. Shrinkage

Shrinkage Guest

Beyond the wasted time on small things like performance management plans, the months/years wasted on big 'initiatives' that never produce a tangible resultis common in GSK (unless you count powerpoint presentations as a tangible result). GSK lost touch with discovering/developing drugs years ago.