Eliminated territories?

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your days ARE numbered... they don't put you on a PIP to improve! They put you on a PIP or Corrective Action Plan to move you out the door. As one poster said... you are completely replaceable... and they do not care about any individual unless you are lucky enough to find a writer or two to get your numbers. Covidien is a JOKE!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BC = promoted too early

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, that's what I've seen in my tenure with Covidien so far. The intention is to replace you once you're on a PIP, and the gears are already in motion, so that by your due date, they'll have someone already waiting in the wings. Your best bet is to find one doctor who will write the snot out of Pennsaid for you, and then make a case for yourself at the end of the month. Good luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just came back from the West Regional meeting. It was pretty interesting that the overall feeling was subdued, and non-celebratory. It seemed that reps were worried, anxious, and stressed out about the future. There was some pretty obvious absences from the national meeting (vacant territories) and there were 2 new individuals introduced: Account Reps. These newly formed positions are the temporary stand-ins for terminated reps (also maternity leave, FMLA, etc). It's predicted that with the next tide of terminations, these account reps will be very busy. Nothing new or exciting about our 2 new drugs though, unless you want to get excited about sticking a post-it note to the front of an Exalgo patient brochure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was let go at the end of August - Pennsaid at 60%, Exalgo at 10%. Two weeks into September, the final August numbers are in with my biggest weeks being the last two of the month - Pennsaid hit 95%, Exalgo 25%. I know it's still way below goal, but there was still one whole month of reporting and I finally had an Exalgo writer. I now find out from a rep I keep in contact with that this territory is now at 110% Pennsaid and 55% Exalgo. I'm pretty sure that I could've hit goal if I stayed through September, but I guess I'm better off not working for this clueless, backwards company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, one joke after another. That's what Covidien is all about.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since we know that corporate patrols the CP boards, instead of just griping about things, let's give them the ideas and intelligence from the field.

I'll go first: How can you let "some" brand new reps go for low performance and not others? Is it managed care? Then give us a chance after we get some Medicare Part D coverage.
    Is it just not a good rep? Was there enough coaching and help given to the rep? I mean, really, 6 months and launching 2 products at the same time?

I feel bad for the folks let go because the new geography was determined to be "non viable.". I thought that Covidien must have paid someone a lot of money to do the analysis and zip code drawing. Did you get your money back for the bad advice?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a popularity contest. Always has been, always will be. If they like you, you will be retained regardless of how bad your missing your numbers. Same holds for the DMs. Regardless of their lack of leadership, interpersonal, or managements skills, some are retained despite their questionalble pasts by their RSDs. Yeah, you know who you are.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. I am fortunate to have attained more than 100% in both products, but I had a really slow start. My DM gave me hell from May through August, and I definitely was treated like an outcast. I tried to share best practices, but my DM never passed them along because my numbers didn't reflect a "best practice". I was almost placed on a PIP at the end of August, but several of my docs finally started writing. I'm still stressed out and anxious from the whole ordeal. I've launched multiple, blockbuster drugs in the past with other companies, and it's taken 9-12 months to really make an assessment. But with this company, you get 4-5 months right out of a dual launch, and for new people, a new territory with new docs. On top of that, lack of effective marketing, managed care, and pharmacy stocking. What's interesting is that management looked the other way for some legacy reps with low numbers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Covidien did make a big deal about hiring high-priced consultants to draw up territory lines and determine volume per territory. Not even 4 months in, not just one or two, but multiple territories were eliminated. So has it become apparant in the 4 month span that a territory wasn't viable? Or has Uncle Covidien bitten off more than he can chew?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that the last week of launch numbers are out, we'll see the filtration process in effect. If your numbers are at the bottom, Get ready for the hatchet to drop. DMs are supposed to be calling reps tommorow with some very bad news.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds a bit far fetched. I admit I didn't do too well in either product, but neither did many other reps. My DM is very positive and encouraging, and realizes that territories are different. I just have to focus on the year ahead. I wasn't put on any "plan" and nothing seems off or shady about anything. By the way, not a legacy rep. I was hired in March.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're on a pip and you are not at 100% in both products, you'd better start looking for another job. This company will drop you faster than a sack of bricks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a region-driven initiative? I haven't heard about PIPs or eliminations. With today's numbers, I'm probably near the bottom of the pack, by my DM is cool with everything.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, one poster is right about this place being a popularity contest. Also, it's not very fair. The top rep in my district doesn't have to do much work because several docs don't have to be sold into writing a hell of a lot of exalgo and pennsaid, patients have money, and pharmacies are abundantly stocking em. The bottom, harderst working rep in my district has the short end of the stick because of the poor managed care, pt population, and refusal of pharmacies to stock. Every territory is different and some of us lucked out while others didn't.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're one of the few fortunate ones. Many DMs are getting rid of (if they haven't already) at least one rep in the district. It's a managerial concept called 'attrition'. It's horrible that they're doing it so early post launch. This company always manages to find a backwards, ineffective approach to solving self inflicted problems.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone from corporate reading these posts? It's scary that a company will spend MILLIONS of dollars to hire and train reps for a dual launch and then let a significant number go 6 MONTHS into launch! Many territories haven't had a chance to hit a stride, and we don't even have decent managed care coverge yet (UHC, Medicare???). I can understand if a rep violates policy, has an HR issue, or isn't out working in the field, but letting them go just for not hitting numbers after 6 months is plain ridiculous. This is just flushing money down the toilet.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are COVIDIEN!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just face it Pennsaid is not as good a drug as Voltaren Gel...no managed care, messy, stinky, and cumbersome to apply! DMSO is horse medicine & tastes/ smells like galic after application! LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet, after all of that, it still works better! Loser Endo rep. Looks like they kept the wrong one in your area.