Elimination of the COE

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly IT' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Re-badging again

They are already running lean. How can they possibly get anything accomplished if they cut more people?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 2015 budget will be our leanest ever. Costs have to be eliminated even if it means cancelling project plans for next year. It may even mean reducing the costs of just keeping the lights on. The pipeline is not delivering the revenue that was predicted, so everything has become optional. I have 17 years left to retirement. I don't think retiring from Lilly is going to be an option if I want to remain in IT.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lilly is the last place I'd work if I were a young person. It used to be a great place for young people. You will never make retirement with 17 years left. I doubt that most with 7 years left will make it unless they are above a P4.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the situation continues to worsen. Why slowly cut things back? Wouldn't it be better to just outsource the whole thing in one fell swoop? This is like slowly pulling off a band-aid.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason they do not do this is that there are important projects in the pipeline that need to get done. If they outsourced it all in one fell swoop, there would be zero engagement and the projects will fail. If they were to do something like this, they would just have to say, "OK. We are stopping all projects right now. No more projects are going forth as of this minute." They can then regroup and figure out how they'll get something done later. Management is not smart, has no vision, are not creative, and only know how to cut. Things will continue to be a slow and painful bleed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark this thread. Cuts are coming in IT. 2015 will be gruesome.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finish the job Ina, finish the job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She will. She wanted to a few months back but held back.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only cuts are at the M2+ level. Fear not, you've got another year collect that paycheck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Financial matters are managed on a quarterly basis, not annually. Costs will be evaluated each quarter if revenues continue to decline. We have another 3 months to sit back and watch, not 12.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If revenues continue to decline? What planet do you live on? The loss of patents has been known about for years. Newsflash: Its going to continue to decline for another year efore it bottoms out.

This latest latest "flattening" was a result of Lilly paying BCG to point out the obvious. Middle management was too fat. Reallocations on 2010 were totally focusesd at the P1-4 level. Now its managements turn. Way overdue really. Too many M4's reporting to M4's, M5's reporting to M5's and M6's reporting to M6's. Too many M3's with 2 direct reports. And so on.

no more cuts planned at the p1-4 level in the usa anyway.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think they will offer some P1-4 jobs to the Ms getting cut? could result in some weird shuffling

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is happening right now.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it? What combinations are they coming up with? Which of the M's are getting bumped?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard MaryJo is coming back as a P4

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so will they make current P1-P4s repost (for their current job) against ousted M folks?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. P1-P4's aren't impacted. M2+ are.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This year that is true. Next year that will not be the case.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I predict it is going to rain tomorrow.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who's accepting the M? retirement packages?