Embarrassed

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Oct 16, 2019 at 10:04 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left a call embarrassed that I had to hear Dr go off about the evils of Sun and “sorry I like you but I can’t support Ilumya because it would be endorsing an unscrupulous company.” I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me I was mortified. I asked him why he hadn’t written yet and that’s his response. He said “you’ve been nice to me and my staff and know it’s not you but I need to tell you out of fairness to you.” I felt he broke up with me, not you it’s me speech. Wtf!
    So Sun how are you going to spin this to where it’s my fault, the TMs fault??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More excuses to hide your poor closing skills? We need to rid this company of your kind.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Karma is a b!tch.
    Sun screwed the pouch for a long time and now the derms have their chance to turn the screws on Sun.

The Reluctant Billionaire is losing both his shirt and his reputation.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sweetheart my closing skills are just fine. Providers have lost faith in this company and it has nothing to do with a TM’s ability to close. Insider trading isn’t a good look for a company among other issues.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reputation is gone. Karma is a b, amen!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely true.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you aren’t looking for another job then you deserve what Sun has in store for you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people have predicted lay-off and reorg for months on here and none has come true. Keep your head down, work and control what you can control.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with your statement and would add that we know something has to change, be it people and/or structure, as big time costs must be extracted from this place.
    Objectively, turnover has been 8-10x pharma average, and so the top performers have left. That means the bar has been lowered.
    Attracting new people has been a huge challenge given company reputation, mediocre products, and a belief that ‘something has to change’ and I don’t want to risk being there.

then there’s the ‘your CEO got caught insider trading and you guys did nothing about it’. Yes, customers DO bring that up. Just like the ‘you jacked the pricing on Levulan on me for years, I was hostage to you, and now you want me to Rx Ilumya’ ? Get the heck out of here !

if you’re here, do your best. Keep one eye on your business and one on your search. That seems to be the consensus.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Docs are pissed at Sun in my territory. And agree do your job but look for a new job!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First off, not all “top performers” have left.
    Not sure about the other division products but I can say Ilumya is not a “mediocre” product. It’s actually quite good and can compete with all other biologics out there. And here’s a dose of the real world in Biologics. They ALL “work”, and they ALL don’t “work”. At this point and time in a crowded market, SUN failed miserably on the HUB and Market Access. Yes. The HUB has made changes and is flowing smoother, but still no where near where it should have been before launch. Baffling actually to see senior leadership come from other pharma companies and implement the very things which didn’t work well at their old companies. Smh

Agree in the insider trading piece of your post. However, and unfortunately, this happened in India’s Stock Market, not the USA. Our Government has no jurisdiction over that. Regardless of where it happened, SUN took a hit on reputation with the perception SUN did nothing. I agree DS needed to reprimand publicly AG. Here is where we speculate. Something may have been done and we just don’t know about it. And for the record, and I’m not stating this to defend the actions, but crap like this happens ALL THE TIME in small and large organizations in the USA.
    For a prescriber to not write Ilumya simply because they’re ticked that SUN did nothing on this insider trading or pricing of Levulon, is the EXACT equivalent of those prescribers taking their medical oath then withholding good drugs which may lead a patient to a better life. Look at J&J. 126+ subsidiary companies, billions of dollars in settlements of lawsuits over the baby powder, opioids, OTC meds, Medical devices, and on and on, yet prescribers still rx J&J products all the time. And even buy them themselves for home uses.
    Last thing....your doctor says SUN jacked the pricing on Levulon and is now held hostage.....Your doctor sounds like a complete idiot. He/she are NOT forced to buy Levulon. They, themselves are holding themselves hostage, probably not making the same money they once did but point the fingers at SUN. Again regarding the medical oath. Are prescribers rxing medications bc they can make money by doing it, or it what they are rxing the best for the patients? Most likely a rhetorical question. Maybe it’s prescribers such as the one you speak of who need to pulse check their motives?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just seeing this so I’ll weigh in with a home office perspective:

Largely speaking, across business units, a high % of the top performers have left. That’s just fact. I’m underweighting Ilumya with that comment bc it’s not been in the market long enough, or with enough success, for us to truly believe there are ‘top performers’.
    I agree with your comments re: efficacy with PSO treatments, but ... we’re so far behind we can’t even see the goal. And the HUB ? That was a complete disaster. Period.

For AG, there should have been a visible ‘dressing down’, internally, at a minimum. Sin is a very large global company and they’ve shown tolerance to theft. That’s acceptable anywhere.

And for Levulan, YES, derms were held hostage bc there was no other product in the market until 2 years ago. They were getting hit with MAJOR, unwarranted increases. Likely part of Ron’s plan with Foundation Care and ripping off certain customers/payers. Now there’s Biofrontera as an option, and it’s taken a big bite out of the Levulan business. Gone, and more going over each month.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So because they took a medical oath, they should prescribe Ilumya? That’s crazy. There are 7 other drugs that are better. They’re not doing a patient a disservice by not prescribing Ilumya.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ilumya is a good drug but 12 wk trial data hurts sales. A lot of docs can’t look past pasi/efficacy, 12 vs 16 wk data. They look at number on iPad and go with what’s highest. Safety and dosing is really good though and but docs want those Pasi 90/100 scores. Pasi 75 doesn’t cut it. That’s hurt ilumya.
    Second rate data, bottom of barrel Hub, in office administration, and lower tier on most plans than Siliq and FRMs that don’t help, mass exodus from field sales/leadership, and former Ilumya leadership bad mouthing everything has created a bad reputation for Ilumya.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bottom line: it’s embarrassing to be associated with Sun and many have either eliminated it from their resumes or wish they could have.

DS can only hemorrhage so much before he pulls Abhay and folds up shop.