Emma, What a shame.

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 9, 2018 at 7:45 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too bad Jack B wasn't one of the 40% of the managers the Emma replaced Monday. Somebody step up and make GSK great again.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please elaborate on who exactly was replaced.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More will fall next Monday. [ bout time ]

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any in US??

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coupon Jack ain't goin' nowhere

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok OP. Give us more info. Many of us out in the field hoping for changes since we've had about enough. No news to us yet. Please elaborate

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumours abound.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

calling b s on this

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Instead of reading People, how bout reading The Wall Street Journal or Barrons to learn about what is going on with our company.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of these kids are still in comic books.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's obvious you don't work for the company

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK – Less than a year into her tenure as chief executive officer at GlaxoSmithKline, Emma Walmsley is rebuilding the company in her image.

Bloomberg news reports that Walmsley has “revamped” GSK’s top management, “replacing” some 50 of the firm’s top 125 managers.

Later, biotech news site BioCentury reported that it had confirmed the overhaul.

“GSK spokesperson Sarah Spencer told BioCentury the changes include several new hires, including former Novartis AG executives Tobias Hestler as consumer CFO and Christine Roth as head of oncology. Chief Procurement Officer Lisa Martin joined GSK’s team from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Marc Speichert came on as consumer chief digital officer from Google Inc. and Tony Wood joined GSK’s R&D team from Pfizer Inc.,” the website reported.

Bloomberg says Walmsely is recruiting from outside as well as inside GSK to refresh management

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatta' slap in the face ! No one from GW or SKB !

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fresh blood from outside GSK is needed.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Emma and Jack should do the same to Field Sales Management. There are still a lot of old SKB scum bucket sales tactics going on. If you are from a SKB legacy, you more than likely are no more than a slick talking huckster. Emma, please continue with the house cleaning and look into field management. Review 360 comments on all managers then offer early retirement or just flat out fire many of these toxic managers!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn’t agree more! Bring back that southern Glaxo culture that dominated in the early 90’s, with a young Andrew witty leading the sales force. It was perfect, please Emma, buy us a hot tub time machine and bring us back.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gee Whiz....I can't figure out why GW people sold out to a powerful , kick-butt company like SKB . We tried to buy Pfizer , but they were too smart.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SKB employees are hairy backed mouth breathers. The merger made zero business sense. Go back and look at Glaxo’s revenue prior to the merger. They were 6th and SKB was nowhere to be found in rankings of pharma. SKB destroyed the culture.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately SKBs legacy still remains. So many stayed on as managers and field reps. Painful to listen to our RSD recount his days from Enterprise Rental Car. What he fails to understand is that we promote ethical healthcare. We do not get rewarded for upselling additional collision insurance! He came up with some ridiculous acronym called WUE or WOO or hell I don't even know or care. If you approach him at a meeting and enthusiastically shout WUUUUUU! He practically gets and erection. It's amazing what SKB has given us. Absolutely amazing. SKB heritage is about slamming a sales message down our customers throat. No finesse. No evidence based discussion. Just "doctor, will you rx my product? I can see in my data that you have been writing the competition. C'mon, I'm sure you can give me a couple of scripts? My manager has been really putting a lot of pressure on me".. That quote is a verbatim of what I have heard SKB lineage say...MANY times!